[wip] plantigrade feet for beast races

Grimoa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, next update... I hope to update my scarfs tomorrow, so after that I will be back at the boots. Give me another week. Or better two.

The Clawnails are not forgotten, same as your feet model, Derok. Unfortunately I can't do everything at once. :/

BeakieHelmet, thank you!

I am sorry to say, but I will not agree to change the hands like you asked. I'm working on this mod for nearly 8 month now and it's not halfway done. And I have no idea when it will be finished. So no, because your request means the same amount of work again I can not agree to that. It would only result in dissapointment for both of us. Sorry.

On to more pleasant stuff:

I think the next update will have fur shoes (already halfway done, they are in armor/bandit/ and I started from the top^^) and deadric, cause I already started with them two. (That's quite far on the top aswell I only skipped blades.) But I think doing it in alphabetical order is maybe not the smartest thing to do. So I will add iron and dragonscale (already started on that aswell). That's a mix of high and low level and light and medium armor.

The update after that will have a handfull of medium level boots, like dwemer and elven. And maybe something for mages (no armor rating). Ha, idea! Necromancer boots! They are everywhere. So that's settled aswell.

So after that (sometime around christmas if we're lucky) everyone should have at least one pair of boots that fits the level and playstyle.

And then I can do some clawnails. And textures for people using coverkhajiit and the like. And Deroks model of course.

Anyways, that's the plan today. Subject to change without prior notice. ;)

Uhm, next update... I hope to update my scarfs tomorrow, so after that I will be back at the boots. Give me another week. Or better two.

The Clawnails are not forgotten, same as your feet model, Derok. Unfortunately I can't do everything at once. :/

BeakieHelmet, thank you!

I am sorry to say, but I will not agree to change the hands like you asked. I'm working on this mod for nearly 8 month now and it's not halfway done. And I have no idea when it will be finished. So no, because your request means the same amount of work again I can not agree to that. It would only result in dissapointment for both of us. Sorry.

On to more pleasant stuff:

I think the next update will have fur shoes (already halfway done, they are in armor/bandit/ and I started from the top^^) and deadric, cause I already started with them two. (That's quite far on the top aswell I only skipped blades.) But I think doing it in alphabetical order is maybe not the smartest thing to do. So I will add iron and dragonscale (already started on that aswell). That's a mix of high and low level and light and medium armor.

The update after that will have a handfull of medium level boots, like dwemer and elven. And maybe something for mages (no armor rating). Ha, idea! Necromancer boots! They are everywhere. So that's settled aswell.

So after that (sometime around christmas if we're lucky) everyone should have at least one pair of boots that fits the level and playstyle.

And then I can do some clawnails. And textures for people using coverkhajiit and the like. And Deroks model of course.

Anyways, that's the plan today. Subject to change without prior notice. ;)

Oh no, that's fine dude, I was just wondering if there was the possibility :)

I remembered what I actually wanted to ask though, will this mod ever be on the Steam Workshop?

It's so much easier to stay up to date with mods with that...

Two things.

1) This mod is awesome. I love pretty much everything about it.

2) Is there any chance you'll do a four-fingered hand variant for the Argonians at some point once the claw-nails are in? Y'know, so they don't have five fingers but only three toes.

My model should be fine for you. Just look at my pitcures, it has 5 toes.

I won't upload to Steam Workshop. Simply because I never use it myself. And because I don't want to have to upload through CK. I like testing and finalising and then zipping my mod and uploading it. Call me old fashioned but I still think it's strange that every little mod comes with a bsa archive lately.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew something would happen to throw my timetable off course. In this case it was the steam sale last weekend and 75% off Legend of Grimrock.

I have been completely absorbed in that game since. it's so good to play a game for a change. Without the need to mod anything about the game. It's amazing! I'm almost through so hopefully I can get some modding done again. Skyrim modding of course. Although LoG does have a dungeon editor... :tongue:

ArtMurder, I don't know how to support custom races yet. If you want to test a bit:

You can point your NakedFeet ArmorAddon to my meshes (if you have GPF installed of course).

In the Race dialouge there should be an option for which armor your race uses.... wait a sec... here General Data Tab -> Stats -> Copied data: Armor Race. Tick khajiit in your case. (Your race will use khajiit helmets aswell. Dunno if you want that. Do Ohmes Raht have human heads?)

Load GPF first and your race after.

Start the game and check if it worked. (Naked feet and boots. Check vanilla Khajiit aswell.)

Come back here and report. :)

I don't know if it's nessecary to load GPF in CK aswell. I think CK can't have one esp dependant upon another. Never tried but I remember reading something like that... So if above methode does not work I may have to turn GPF into a master. Never did that either.

I can think of one more way to make a custom race use GPF but that would be a pain for you to do and render your race incompatible with GPF. So that's off the table. ;)

Hope any of that made sense to you.

Btw are you using this already?

Edited by Grimoa