fallout won't start: PLEASE HELP, very frustrated!

TaxiVader

Hi all.

I cannot get FO4 to start. please help! Here's what's happened so far:

1. I bought a new PC specifically for gaming. It has 50% more than the max specs for optimal performance for fallout; graphics card, ram, HDD, the lot.

2. I downloaded FO4 from steam (already purchased) which took about 9 hours (go Australia's NBN!)

3. I run the game. It starts OK, I get to the screen with the helmet that says "Play, settings etc" and I set the graphics to as low as possible (or as high as possible, or anywhere in between; I've tried all possible combinations)

4. The screen goes black AS IF it's about to play, but then I just get booted back to the desktop. No error message, nothing. Just won't start.

Man I'm frustrated by this. I got the PC because I was sick of the PS4 limitations and reduced file save capacity, and 'cause I want to have a go at a few mods. But atm I'm just sitting here getting angry.

Any suggestions?

Hi funs.

Thanks for the reply. I followed some graphics card advice and now it's working. I find it a bit surreal that in this day and age one has to rely on random hardware and software changes to get a program to work. I had this same experience with Skyrim and then Skyrim SE on PC (another crappier pc) yet the solutions there were entirely different to those needed in this case.

Anyways, I guess I should just thank the GOS (Gods of Software) that I managed to press the right sequence of buttons.

Halleluja!