Werewolf Armor

Telogenesis

Ive seen all these new armors for all these new bodies but ive yet to see anyone come up with some sort of armor for the werewolf body. And why not have a werewolf character that is in werewolf form all the time and can wear armor just like any of the other races in the game? i see no reason !! If anyone is interested please please do something with this!!!

• 2 weeks later...
What if werewolf's became a separate race all together? Werewolf's dont have to be all evil , so why not have them as a separate race like vampires have become from their npc counter parts. I understand that the npc's in the game cant tell the difference unless you dont feed for a while being a vampire but what if the werewolf had a system of its own? Werewolf's that are part of the community, welcomed by the towns people until you create havoc in the area. A separate cast of werewolf's if you may.<br> Edited by Telogenesis

• 6 months later...

This is a great idea! It would be pretty straight-forward process, but would require some skill in editing the vanilla 3d models, and anchoring them to the appropriate werewolf body parts. It would be just like converting a normal piece of armor to fit on one of the beast races.

Buuuuuut, if you wanted to do a really good job, why stop there? You could create a whole new race with diverse skins, features, scars, etc. like all the other races. Or in keeping with the lore of becoming a werewolf, translate your character's scars, warpaint, weight, etc over to your werewolf form, eliminating the need to configure a separate appearance from your lunar form. You could just make Orc, Nord, and other race-specific werewolf skins, but you would be sacrificing the characteristics that set your character apart from the rest of Skyrim's residents simply for the sake of ease. After that, it's up to any still-interested modders to decide how the transformation would work.

I don't really know anything about scripting, so I have no idea how hard it would be to make a character's armor transform with them. But in my years of using various Nexus mods, I've seen scripters come up with some pretty astounding things (like Flyable Vertibirds in Fallout, or the very tidy and functional scripting that the Project Nevada team implemented). This would be key to eliminating the need for separate armors for the werewolf and humanoid forms, and the ridiculous necessity to carry two sets of armor (also, this would avoid simply having a generic "armored werewolf" appearance that everyone would have). Also, a modder could make the transformation process adjustable, or even permanent! Transform only under full moons, every night, or at will? Whatever floats your boat. Forsake your human form forever? Anything is possible with effort and a capable team of modders.

After that, it's not a stretch to implement werewolves as productive members of society, alongside the others as just another beast race, or even give them their own city to live in. But everything is dependent on remodeling the vanilla armors! A basic timeline established (1:armor remodeling, 2:revamped transformation process, 3:integration into the game, and sprinkled throughout with much spit and polish), all that is needed to begin is a dedicated crew of modders.

(!!! The biggest problem with most mods that go unmade is a lack of exposure! Someone should paste this to r/skyrim on reddit or something, but what do I know... ;) !!!)

Instead of making a Werewolf Race just make a Anubian Race.

That could also work. Maybe they could come from Elsweyr like the Khajit? That would also make it seem like they're a separate race altogether, not one of the other races suffering from a disease (which I think is great). But I feel like they should distinctly originate from Skyrim, which might be more lore-friendly than werewolves running around dressed like pharaohs. Just my thoughts.

Or D&D-inspired Gnolls, they wouldnt need as much of a backstory as a cultured egyptian-themed dog/jackalrace since they are savage barbarians without much of a culture to speak of. Would need some modding on the look though, perhaps more than anubites

I can see how it would be cool, but if you were a werewolf ALL THE TIME, you would be a total pariah. Every town would try to kill you, and Werewolves can't speak with people, and you can't use your map or items menu. It would require a lot of work.

That would be nice, i didnt enjoy not having an inventory after my transformation. and its not exactly like all werewolves are mindless beasts, we are afterall intelligent enough to wear armor lol. Id imagine you could only really see it working for the vanilla werewolf though, or the vanilla shape, as anything else would probably clash (ie. The True Transformation mod that changes khajiit into werecats and argonians into godzilla looking things) in theoru it would be a similar process to horse armor which ive seen quite successful mods created for.

What if werewolf's became a separate race all together? Werewolf's dont have to be all evil , so why not have them as a separate race like vampires have become from their npc counter parts. I understand that the npc's in the game cant tell the difference unless you dont feed for a while being a vampire but what if the werewolf had a system of its own? Werewolf's that are part of the community, welcomed by the towns people until you create havoc in the area. A separate cast of werewolf's if you may.<br>

I think only a certain amount of the games lore should be kept in tact, and this is one for me. Any species can become a werewolf, making regular beings a combination, the disease works differently to vampires. while vampires slowly turn, we remain part of both worlds. I would however entertain the idea of pure blood werewolves, an anthro wolf race that has the ability to change into the werewolf form, calling themselves True Bloods because they are technically, all wolf.

Id so be up to see this and as another member mentioned before having them come from Elsweyr, or even close to Elsweyr could fit, as they are always portrayed as warriors of the sands, perhaps a tribe of jackals neighboring the border of Elsweyr, in a remote location. Backstory, driven from their homeland long ago by the khajiit (just playing on the whole cat vs dog thing here) the race has been spread over the lands of Tamriel seeking a new path. Id keep the egyptian themed armor, it automatically adds a "harsh desert" feel to it

A werewolf race mod has been made on the steam workshop.

If you mean the Playable Werewolf Project, I would agree that it's a really good start. It would be exactly what we're talking about, if someone could edit all the armor meshes to fit the werewolf body. And if you could somehow incorporate transformations in there, it would be pretty much perfect.