Ancient Man

MidbossVyers

From what I read on uesp, ancient Man is allied with Lorkhan. Lorkhan is typically viewed as an evil god. Does that make humanity, at least the ancient ones, evil?

Ok here is an explanation of Lorkhan

-Originally there was Anu and Padomey, stasis and change respectively, they are not beings, but forces

-Anu and Padomey had their souls become incarnate as Anuiel and Sithis respectively

-Anuiel and Sithis created what basically amounts to avatars, beings that represent everything they are, those beings are Akatosh and Lorkhan respectively

So at this point we have

-Stasis = Anu = Anuiel = Akatosth

-Change = Padomey = Sithis = Lorkhan

It was Padomey = Sithis = Lorkhan that caused the creation of the mortal realm, as before the mortal realm existed the spirits of stasis kept everything stasisy in this weird spirit like existence, Lorkhan caused change in the stasis which resulted in the mortal realm.

The ENTIRE mortal realm exists due to Lorkhan, everything that we have ever played, all the races that have existed do so because Lorkhan caused the events that allowed it.

HOWEVER some of the spirits that became the mortal races liked being spirits more then being mortal and despise Lorkhan for it, those spirits became the various Mer races, which is why the Mer hate Lorkhan.

Lorkhan isn't evil, he just is, his "evil" nature is a matter of opinion. So to answer your question, no ancient man were not evil.

Now what makes this confusing, in case you weren't confused before, is that Lorkhan = Akatosh.

Much like how space and time, which Lorkhan and Akatosh represent respectively, are actually one thing, called space-time, that we humans separate due to convenience, Akatosh and Lorkhan, and indeed Sithis and Anuiel, and Anu and Padomey ARE THE SAME BEING.

They are two halves of the singular being that is existence.

Every time someone prays to Akatosh one is praying to Lorkhan, every time on curses Lorkhan they are cursing Akatosh.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I was under the impression that the Tribunal began losing their power because they needed to be in physical proximity to the Heart in order to "replenish" themselves, a ritual they went through at regular intervals. Access to the Heart chamber was denied to them after Dagoth Ur's reappearance.

I'm not sure about the Heart being inherently "evil". Destruction and chaos aren't necessarily evil, as stated earlier in the thread it's very much a question of point of view. Sithis/Padomay/Lorkhan and his heart represent change and Dagoth Ur's ultimate plans are those of changing (basically he wants to conquer the world and reshape it in the image of himself and House Dagoth), maybe he feels a more intimate connection to the Heart due to its "chaotic" nature and is thus able to tap into its power to a deeper extent.

The nature of the Tribunal is much more conservative, more Anuic so to say. My guess is they would have difficulties fathoming the Padomaic/chaotic nature of the Heart and couldn't tap into its chaotic powers as easily as Dagoth Ur.

I was under the impression that the Tribunal began losing their power because they needed to be in physical proximity to the Heart in order to "replenish" themselves, a ritual they went through at regular intervals. Access to the Heart chamber was denied to them after Dagoth Ur's reappearance.

I'm not sure about the Heart being inherently "evil". Destruction and chaos aren't necessarily evil, as stated earlier in the thread it's very much a question of point of view. Sithis/Padomay/Lorkhan and his heart represent change and Dagoth Ur's ultimate plans are those of changing (basically he wants to conquer the world and reshape it in the image of himself and House Dagoth), maybe he feels a more intimate connection to the Heart due to its "chaotic" nature and is thus able to tap into its power to a deeper extent.

The nature of the Tribunal is much more conservative, more Anuic so to say. My guess is they would have difficulties fathoming the Padomaic/chaotic nature of the Heart and couldn't tap into its chaotic powers as easily as Dagoth Ur.

You are correct in that the Tribunal had to have access to the heart in order to replenish their connection to it and that they lost that when Dagoth Ur returned.

The 2nd part I agree with but I'm not sure if that is the exact reason.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

if anuiel = akatosh = lorkhan = sithis. then what about the 16 daedras and a lot other aedras?

The other Aedra and Daedra are their own beings.

The duality of Akatosh and Lorkhan only extends to them because only they represent order/chaos, space/time.

Much like how space/time in our universe are really one thing, called space-time, that we just normally count as two different things Akatosh and Lorkhan, the gods of time and space respectively, are the same thing but viewed as different.

Similar to how electricity and magnetism are really one thing called electromagnetism

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Similar to how electricity and magnetism are really one thing called electromagnetism

Electromagnetism is an effect of electricity, meaning that electricity traveling through a conductor generates a magnetic field.To generate electromagnetism you only need a wire/coil/metal and electric current.Will elaborate further if necesary. :P