It's A Supernatural Life

Naktis

David shot Whistler a look. "It's hardly the worst I've been through, either. But Nathaniel could have mopped these bastards up without a second thought, yet the lot of you made us stick out our necks for no reason. It's like you have some kind of death wish."

He walked over to one of the now-empty husks and inspected it. "Speaking of death wishes, I thought demons were meant to be intelligent--like the ones in the store. They used guns and took cover. These things were just feral--no guns, no sense of self-preservation....is this normal?"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come to think of it," Raven said, remembering the cunning and deception Vance had utilized, "It doesn't seem normal at all."

"Unless someone else is orchestrating this hunt," Jim added, "And desperate times call for desperate measures. Now I'll ask you again...what did you do to cause this?"

"I'm referring to everyone, here!" Jim snapped, "Something must have happened to make things different, right? What changed?"

July stopped outside Whistler's farm. She had no idea why she returned back here. "You were angry at them, remember?" She thought but shook her head slightly. She noticed the amount of bodies lifelessly lying on the ground and wondered how many of those people are alive. July preferred to exorcise demons instead of shooting people with guns. Even if possessed a living human being still remained somewhere deep inside...

She sighed and glanced at the radio. We're in This Together by Nine Inch Nails played on the radio.

You and me

We're in this together now

None of them can stop us now

We will make it through somehow

You and me

If the world should break in two

Until the very end of me

Until the very end of you

July recited the chorus of the song in her mind before turning the radio off. With another heavy sigh she got out of the car and headed towards the others. She still had her pistol on her loaded with silver bullets just in case. She was expecting for Sarah to throw a hissy fit so it's better to be prepared.

"We're the ones that left her behind," Raven remarked, "Sorry about that, July."

"Well," Jim added, "Now there's a question: who's sending these lackeys after us?"