CTD on Fast Travel (1.5.24 patch)

ClericMagnus

I think the general consensus that it's house mods is correct. As soon as I deleted all the mods that might even REMOTELY edit the mesh structure of a house, it works fine...Detailed Cities and Outskirts = both no, but Sexy Whiterun v3 is ok. It only changes the textures. The Marriage Mod (WIP) too, it seems...not sure why. A couple others like Breezehome Light Fix, but...besides that, modded in houses seem ok. It's stuff that changes vanilla housing that messes it up.

It should be noted that all the mods I have that I disabled were from Steam. I got the Sexy Cities from Nexus and I'm running them with NMM.

Edited by ClericMagnus

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, and here's the hysterical part: carriages don't seem to count. So basically, I'm playing it Morrowind style, taking the carriages like Silt Striders. I also have a steam mod that adds them to the towns, so now I just have to get back to a town or city. Soooooo wtf, Skyrim? XD

BTW, I'm having a hard time with my game too, but only on two characters. The only time I crash or CTD is when I ride the wagon to go somewhere, or fast travel. It always ends up dark or black, then I see my desktop next thing. Yes, I'm using steam also. Lately, I've been walking to each town, but I have to walk to the next quest and that bugs me.

Maybe it's because I have too many mods installed. Or it's the cartographer's minimap thing. Hmm. but I've had that a while, no problems. Yeah I'm just blindly throwing rocks at a ninja in a pitch black room now aren't I?

Also if you have them in the wrong order, it won't stay up either. I have noticed that in other games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Oblivion. As long as you have the mods in the correct order and use BOSS to check the correct order they're supposed to be in, you'll be ok in that respect. I know I'm running 411 mods on my Fallout 3 GOTY edition, and not one problem now.

It's actually this:

Note: As we recently said in the latest Bethesda Podcast, the latest Creation Kit update resolves reported issues with navmeshing. Recently we’ve discovered a change made to 1.5’s executable for support of the navmesh fix caused CTDs for users loading mods. As a result, we’ve removed the executable change in this beta update.

If you’re experiencing CTDs as a result of Tuesday’s 1.5 release, we recommend opting into the 1.5.26 Beta Update. And for the navmesh fix, the team is currently investigating the issue.

That's a quote from Beth regarding the 1.5 patch, the incremental patch of 1.5.26 was meant to have fixed everything........However it might not have ><

Too many mods installed can cause Skyrim to CTD without any warnings. Make sure your PC can handle the weight.

Also try to change shadows to "low". That pretty much fixed it for me.

I cannot for the life of me fast travel or even walk anywhere near Fort Fellhammer...I get instant CTD. Top it off, most recently I am starting to crash when I load Dragonsreach, I haven't installed any new mods (or updates), and I wasn't having any issues with Dragonsreach before. When I load it the second time, it seems to work. I also had this issue with Breezehome where it would crash the first attempt and then the second attempt it would be fine.

Lastnight I was walking toward yet another Fort - Fort Amol I believe and instant CTD..odd thing when I loaded game back up and did a fast travel it worked...

I have uninstalled 95% of the mods and Fort Fellhammer just will not load!!! :wallbash:

Edited by ManiacMinion