ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Almost all mods has a 10 rating

Jared2500

Most Common Rating  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the rating you give most to files? Be Honest...

• 8-9
    • 5-7
    • 1-4

I fit does what it says it does, and does it nicely, it gets a 10. Even if it is as "simple" as making alchemical apparati weigh less. Someone took the time and effort to do it, and to post it for me to download. I'm grateful and appreciate the work that goes into mods, and I'm not about to dock points because it wasn't "revolutionary."

Don't always go by the kudos rating, either.

What I look at:

- the description of the mod: bad grammar, spelling mistakes, and AOL speak are a major turn-off. I try to keep an open mind, though, because I know some users don't have English as their first language. I also like it when mods have a descriptive description.

- User comments: you can learn about bugs - and fixes - and more about the mod itself in the comments page.

- The list of all the ratings: I usually ignore "1"s when they are amid many higher ratings.

- downloads vs. page views: there are bloated download numbers on some mods. Usually, the view count is at least twice as high as the download count. Any download count approaching or exceeding view count is bloated. If the download count is significatly lower than the page view, I take extra care when reviewing the comments page to see if any bugs were reported.

I usually give 10s, but thats because I only really vote on the mods I really like.

It helps to look for the mods with the 10's with the most votes.

Points other people have made here are also true; like some people really like certain aspects of gaming, which is what that mod could be all about. You get all the 10's because most people tend to vote only for mods they really like. Note that I said "Most".

Also, (sometimes) it may not be the mod that is buggy, but your oblivion or PC. Or it could be other mods conflicting with that particular mod.

- Howie

Archived