Indoors Power Question

ferogain

Can somebody please fill in the blanks for me? I have looked and looked but cannot find a sort of "once and for all" blow by blow about how to add power to an indoor Settlement Map in the CK. So I am getting mixed results.

After I set up the WorshopPowerSwitchBox01 item in my map, and altering the base object to the correct amount of generate and radiate power (I created a new object with increased power radiation and added the power generation keyword), I then double click the WorshopPowerSwitchBox01 and create a Linked Ref to the Settlement Workshop with the _______________________ keyword.

After that I double click the Settlement Workshop and create a Linked Reference to the WorshopPowerSwitchBox01 with the ____________________ keyword.

I have tried "WorkshopItemKeyword" and "WorkshopLinkPower" and while I can get it to radiate power, after the workshop is "claimed" I get confusing results.

Problems I get;

For some reason the switch moving animations quit altogether including the lights changing from red to green

Any power connectors I try to link to the box do not have any power in them (not sure what the correct key words are for those I guess)

In the end, I would prefer to use the "CircuitBreaker" item and then just attach several power connectors to it throughout the house. But when I tried it instead of the box, the animations died as well and nothing linked would generate power. So confusing.

Thank you all in advance.

UPDATE: Ok, so I got the power box to work correctly. It generates and radiates power only AFTER you claim the workbench. It is showing animations and works as it should (only odd thing is I had to add a light to the space to get the lights and animations to "kick in").

Now my only confusion is how to set up powered connectors. That is to say, with what keywords. I double clicked on the connector and gave it the "WorkshopLinkedKeyword" in the Linked Ref, but does it need a linked ref to the power source, or do I link the power source to it with a specific keyword?

Man! This was way easier in Skyrim. LOL!!

Thanks again in advance all.

If you're trying to pre-design a connected functional workshop power system in CK then you're in for a surprise. You can't. The CK is missing required parts to actually do the power linking. You can use xEdit and manually do the linking of references to splines and then to the adjacent object reference records. Take a look at the Home Plate fusebox 001d2739 in xEdit to get a starting point example. The spline section on that record points to the connecting 2 splines. Those splines then point back to the fuse box and to their adjacent power conduits. I haven't tested it myself but I would presume you could also create "hidden wire" systems by just pointing directly do conduits. A bit less immersive, but a lot easier than trying to create a bunch of splines IMHO.

If you're just trying to make the objects linked to the workshop and will connect power to them later then that is substantially easier. It's just a matter of linking all your objects to the parent workshop bench using the keyword "WorkshopItemKeyword" pointing to the bench.

Hi there,

I managed to get builders and powered conveyors working without using splines. I still had to use xEdit to connect each item to the "WorkshopPowerInteriorFuseboxNoEdit "Fusebox" [ACTI:000CFF77]"

Either Way seems to work as I used the exact same method implimented at the home plate cell and it worked but I thinked connecting everything in CK using both the "WorkshopItemKeyword" and "WorkshopLinkPower" works without having to put splines in CK.

I also created a new formID and added "WorkshopStartPoweredON" to all objects I wanted to be powered.

Image one shows my Fusebox power output links which all powered objects have the same keywords.

Image two is my workshop worksbench power grid connections.

Edit: If you use splines in your cell for powerlines then just add them in the "Line" section in the power grid.

Edited by DaveBoynton

• 1 year later...