[WIP] My projects...

ghosu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently watching your English "Sword" youtube tutorials. Awesome work, LeckerHamster/Ghosu. And from your youtube links I found this post and checked out all your work and found you made the "Drizzt DoUrden Sword Twinkle" at the Skyrim Nexus, which I downloaded ages ago. Got the rest of your mods. I really like your "Thors Hammer Mjolnir V2" and "Highlanders Katana." I look forward to the upcoming "Blunt Weapon Pack." Awesome work. Hopefully with any luck and the help your excellent English youtube tutorials, I will be putting out some of my own work as well. I really hope you do some more in depth English tutorials like in your lengthy German ones. Finger haben gekreuzt. Fingers crossed? (wish I knew German, aber nein). Anyways keep up the great work. I will be keeping an eye out for your stuff on youtube and here.

" I'm also thinking 'bout doing a video tutorial that shows even inexperienced users how to change material settings...this hammer is divided into 6 parts, so you can change the material color of the screws within seconds...or the metal color or whatever, you could even change the whole texture. My old models only had one or two parts with a more complicated texture on it, no chance for fine tuning."

Love the sound of that.

Edited by Voivod333

Thx, well the german ones are not more detailed...quite the opposite, i recorded the english ones afterwards, more experience so i could explain it faster and cut unimportant stuff and add new things. It was recorded in one piece as well, the german one was recorded over a few days and put together, the last part (CK import) was an older standalone with another weapon, not the tutorial sword.

Atm i'm thinking 'bout 3 more tutorials...hard to find something that is not already on youtube so i guess they will be Nifskope troubleshooting/fine tuning, better normal map/textures, basic armor and import.

Will see what happens to the blunt pack...atm i've got the problem that a few weapons look pretty poor in 1stperson so i might delete them, create an own texture or add more 3D details/normal map...and i maybe make a general pack out of it including sword as well since i'm working on one that i could add:

http://666kb.com/i/c2xz428zx5b0q12t7.jpg

Would fit in as well since it is made of several parts, same as the scabbard...so it would be easy to change the color theme as well, we will see.

greetings

Edited by ghosu

The Mudbox problem with too many edges is pretty common...i had this problem a few times as well and had to check my whole mesh for errors. Mostly it happens when you use a mirror/symmetry tag and in the area where both halves meet and the polygon points get mixed up or ther is a polygon that covers the whole aera where they meet so it is inside the model, messes the whole thing.

The stand...well maybe you the faces in this area point into the wrong direction so the textures is attached to the wrong side = black.

As always, there are so many possible errors...not easy to say ;)