Azura

WhiteWolf

Okey-day... I saw the Shrine of Azura on my paper map so I decided to go check it out and I thought it was really cool that she gave me a quest. (Voice from nowhere!! Spooky!) I thought that this little event might be a good time to have my character suddenly become interested in religion. Are there any books in MW that talk about Azura? Do the Dunmer worship her or the Imperials? Or what?! Ack! Religion is confusing.

Frankly just about any book with "Daedra" in its title has a pretty good chance of talking about Azura. Also see "The Anticipations" which describes the good Daedra I believe, avaiable at your local Dunmer temple.

In response to who worships who, its kind of confusing. First I'll start with the dunmer.

The Ancient Dunmer (the Chimer) worshiped the various Daedra (Azura, Boethiah, etc) and their ancestor spirits. Following the Battle of Red Mountain ALMSIVI make themselves gods and establish the Tribunal and the Temple. The settled dunmer for the most part follow the Temple, wheras the Ashlanders worhsip their ancestors. Neither specifically worships the Daedra anymore, although Temple doctrine holds that Azura, Boethiah and Mephala are the 'good' Daedra and subserviant to the Tribunal, where the 'bad' Daedra Molag Bal, Sheogorad, Mehruns Dagon and Malacath (also known as the Four Corners of the House of Troubles) are at war with the Tribunal. Ashlanders recognize the powers of the Daedra but frankly don't give a hoot about them, except maybe Azura. There are also the Aedra but thats a whole nother story (see Aedra and Daedra, it gives a brief description).

Now the Imperials on the other hand worship a pantheon of several gods, including Tiber Septim who's been elevated to god-status, much like the Emporers of Rome. I don't think theres any books describing their religion, but I'm sure if you ask an Imperial Cult preist he'll talk your ear off about it.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Archived