Couple quick questions about uploading new mods

haganinc

Couple of quick questions regarding uploading and loading new mods to Nexus.

1. When uploading a new mod to Nexus, does it automatically take care of the logic that allows the Nexus Mod Manager to download and install the mod?
  2. When uploading my own new update, should I change the name of the mod to reflect the updated version or should I keep the name the same or does it matter?
  3. What is the best way to install updated mods? Do I uninstall and delete the old version before installing the new version, or do I keep both activated?

Edited by haganinc

1) You just have to put it into an archive in the common folder structure, viewpoint is the ...Skyrim\data folder, for a weaponmod it would look like:

RAR ARCHIVE:

MESHES\weapons\xxx\nif files

TEXTURES\weapons\xxx\dds files

PLUGIN.esp

README (optional)

2) You can rename it, but not necessary...there is an own field for file version as well.

3) Normally you use the same folder structure and file names...so updated ones will be overwritten, new ones will be added and IF there are old files the new plugin wouldn't link to it...so just copy the new files into the data folder and they merge or delete the old folders to get rid of "dead" files first and copy/paste the new files afterwards.