WETriggerscript Error resolved !

AngeGardien

I Have view more people have an error whit "Wetriggerscript" so here how to fix it, this have been tested by "GhostFox" and it's working well for her, so because they are now occupy to save the world of all the dragon, i have decided to take advance for her in putting the solution here because i do not want we lose all the work they have been made to find the solution..., so, what you have to do is :

1 - Copied the skyrim folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim), pasted it on a different location,

2 - Unistalled Skyrim,

3 - Unistalled Steam,

4 - Cleaned the trash files with Ccleaner,

5 - Reset pc,

6 - Clean windows registry with Ccleaner,

7 - Reset pc,

8 - Download steam (again),

9 - install and update steam,

10 - Download Skyrim with the DLC and the Creation kit and let it go to 5%, pause download,

11 - Close steam (ctrl+alt+del to be sure its really dead),

12 - Copy and paste the Skyrim Folder to the original folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ - that (x86) is because im using an 64 bits windows 7) and replace everything,

13 - Open steam and resume the downloading and let it go to 100%

14 - After that you can go and play the game and see if it worked (at least it worked for me).

the test have been made by "Ghostfox", remember, all the computer are different and nobody can say the thing work well to 100% for all but pehar 99.9% Ha Ha Ha!... , ok i stop talking now repair your Skyrim and go save the world !!!

Here is a repost from another topic. I have looked into this and found no imperical evidence that a game reload is necessary. It seems to be the game save thats the problem. I can not say why your reload fixed your issue, but I am glad it did. With all the anomolies in Skyrim, if you find a fix for your hardware/software, by all means hang onto it like a lifeline.

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

Awhile ago I started getting the WETrigger errors. What it ended up being was a corrupted save. I had to go back a LOOONG way to find a save with that particular character to fix it. I just ended up restarting her. It was a sad thing to have to restart on a game error, but they kept showing up at faster intervals and quests were then showing up as they normally do, but no item/name or destination was in the location. Just an errror where the info should have been.

I did another search across lycos/google/bing/yahoo/volunia and found nothing but anxiety from users with corrupted game files. From the looks of it, the only thing I can see in common is most of the people were hard core consol command tweekers.

This didn't work for me. I had the message appear before, but now I only get a black screen without bethesda logo or anything...

That's odd, because this is happening to me when I start a NEW game, but when I did this, I don't even start the game. I just get a black screen, no main menu, no logos, not anything.

Edited by sikma200

This didn't work for me. I had the message appear before, but now I only get a black screen without bethesda logo or anything...

???, when you have desinstalled steam and skyrim, do you have erased all the folder they have left, you need to erase all, of the ting about steam and make a clean of the registry before reinstall steam

exemple, c:\game\steam\ect.ect., and all the folder they have something to view with skyrim, c:\game\fgfg\ * «--- here they have the skyrim you have moved, erase all the other useles fills, and the folder "my game\skyrim\they contain .ini and all,

do you have make clean save before keeping your save, do you use steamclouds?

if you have forget to uninstall some file the cleaner don't erase the trace because they exist

for the thing about the save corrupted, yes more people on the planet talk off this but no one have succest to corect the situation, and when you stat a game or they are in windows somewhere it's have nothing to view whit the save, other information i have found i don't remember where on the planet saying possibility of corrupted regystry file and no savegame, some test have been made and the problem have disapear, so we have tried here after i don't remember in witch post and it's working fine too...

i am not a programmer, not a scientific too we have try to resolve by logic, so don't ask me what it's want to say this wetrigger error i have no idea Ha ha Ha, but the important it's it's work, but peharp the information are not too clear to say what to do, peharp it's give confusion?

but the thing we have make it take some part of the answer from steam about the question of hard error and using a programs to correct the situation,

ok look i have retriving the working folder

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/490885-skyrim-wetriggerscript-error-please-help/

the next part it's information from steam, i don't remember where i found it, here ant there..., a part of the way have been made whit the information in this...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're encountering issues with launching Skyrim, make sure everything installed smoothly.

Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.

Exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your Skyrim installation folder (Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\skyrim\)

Run the following installers:

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\DirectX10\dxsetup.exe

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\DotNetFX\dotnetfx35set up.exe

...\Steamapps\common\skyrim\VCRedist\vcredist_x86. exe

Reboot your computer and test any issues again.

-------------------------------------------------

If you have difficulty installing Steam, a Steam game or other files required for a Steam game, please ensure that Windows Installer Service is enabled under the System Configuration's "Services" Tab.

Completely exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black and white Steam icon)

Restart your computer.

Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

----------------------------------------------------

so i don't knows if it's work for more and more people i don't know why it's don't work for you, but it's peharp my fault, i think the way to make the thing are not clear, or peharp it's my bad english they put people in error Ha ha ha, all it's possible, i am sorry but i can not give more information than this, but peharp if someone know what the "WETriggerscript error want to say it's can help to reduce the action..., i have no book of scripting whit me...

Mmmh... it looks like you deleted something else. Try reinstalling the Directx, Nvidia PhysX (Yes, even if you have an ATI videocard), Microsoft.NET Framework, Microsoft visual c++. I had a similar problem some time ago, i was able to solve it by installing a new version of the Nvidia PhysX.

Remove all your mods and skyrim tools before you uninstall skyrim and steam (scriptdragon, fxaa injector, any mod that fix something, etc.), delete the skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini files too (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim - If you are using Win 7 or vista). Run the game WITHOUT any mod after the reinstall.

You can also try rename or remove (make a backup of this file first) the Bethesda intro video ((Skyrim Folder)\Data\Video\BGS_Logo.bik) and see if that helps.

An important note: You must be careful when cleaning the registry files, just delete those files related to skyrim or steam.

NOTE: Ccleaner might delete files that you are actually using because it assumes that that file is unnecessary.

Wait, this worked fine now, I just deleted my TESV and SkyrimLauncher and it works fine, but I still have the problem of walking forward when they ask me "who are you?" and I walk forward. after that, I follow the captain but then I walk up the place I'm supposed to get my head chopped off when i'm not supposed to, but when the stormcloak is supposed to come up, he just stays there standing.

EDIT: I fixed it with console commands, I can finally play TESV again! thank you so much!

Edited by sikma200

• 2 weeks later...

Deleting Tesv.exe ??????

Ihave this stupid errorandnothing worked untilll now. I did everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't want to format my computer either!!!!

Uncovenient update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please helpme with solutions1!!!!

How do i change myholdlocation??????

WHat are the console commands???

Edited by xdownloadz

Sigh, add me to the list of people with this issue :sad:

I uninstalled Skyrim, did a reinstall and had the same issue so I will trying all the "fixes" thrown out there, thanks to the people trying to help solve the problem.

I would hope that since this is not an isolated incident that something official comes along as a fix.

Edited by DavidHobbs