Crossdressing / gender independent clothing and armor?

Mud Crab Carl

So my friend (and myself, don't worry, it's not a lame excuse) like to see female clothes on males and male clothes on females now and then, half for sexual reasons and half for character development. A female ranger wearing male clothes, for instance, or a mage wearing a woman's dress because it looks kind of like a robe.

How hard would it be in theory to make craftable meshes of female apparel to fit over vanilla male bodies and vice-versa?

Thanks very much, and no "EWWWWWWWW GAAAYYY" comments - TES Nexus is famous for being filled with perverse garbage. It's like a tradition for Strendar's sake.

Well, it should'nt be to hard, you don't have to do much more than moving verts around to fit the body, but i imagine converting male clothes for females is a lot easier, i have done that to a few farmers clothing infact, some of the farmers clothing was perfect for simple chainmail tunics and so on. That project is kinda discontinued though. Not hard to do, but it will take time if you want to change a lot of armors of course.

I have run cross-dressers in the past and, yes, it's not easy coming up with the garments to do so. In this pseudo time period it was not uncommon for women to cross-dress and join the men's world. Two famous pirates were cross-dressing women. There were several cross-dressing women who fought in the American Civil War. Part of the reason that Joan of Arc was burned at the stake by the British was for wearing men's clothing. So be it male or female I think there is room for a cross-dressing mod.

Rabbit

Good to hear that it's not EXTREMELY hard, that gives me some hope.

Would anyone be interested in doing standalone craftable gender independent clothing for every outfit in Vanilla as a project? Of course it would take a long time, but all the most rewarding things do. Think of the fame and the popularity you'd get for it!

Think of the dresses! The pretty pretty dresses~!