ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

CTD's and Bugs Issue

elpuma77

@Puma

Buddy, what you want to try is fine, but don't reinstall them all before starting the game, install them one by one or 2-3 mods at a time and then start the game and play for a few minutes and if everything's fine, then you can install more and so on and on

Don't install a bunch at the same time, because if your game crashes on start, you're screwed and you will get back to the same point you are now, you have MANY conflicts and crashes, I never had so many actually lol.

You can try what sbire said, and post it here, might be useful indeed. :thumbsup:

Edited by JD1

Log 3... [03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Update budget: 800.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 800.000000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[03/31/2012 - 03:14:48AM] Memory page: 256 (min) 512 (max) 2457600 (max total)

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] Cannot open store for class "CR04BrutePreQuestScript", missing file?

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] error: Unknown property type 148 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] error: Unknown property type 68 loaded from disk for property on script sprigganCallAnimalsAOE

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:07AM] Cannot open store for class "MidasLuggageScript", missing file?

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:08AM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:08AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] VM is freezing...

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] VM is frozen

[03/31/2012 - 03:15:15AM] Reverting game...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] Loading game...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] error: Unable to bind script CR04BrutePreQuestScript to alias Brute on quest CR04 (00025231) because their base types do not match

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:41AM] VM is thawing...

[03/31/2012 - 03:16:43AM] warning: Property OpticQuest on script OpticDustQuestScript attached to OpticDustQuest (1200182A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Says something about "Midas" Tytanus spells...? It was a really old mod I deleted before and worked. but, opticdustquestscript?

I see that nobody's bringing solutions or fixes to this, looks like I'm only going to have to wait for the next update to hopefully fix this.

Skima200 you kind of hijacked the original thread from elpuma77. You should have started your own but back on track with a few pieces... Elpuma77 good luck on the adding one-by-one but that really is the best method of cleaning up your issue. A few that stuck out at me do to my own mod preferences and companions were your ref to TCG. Not sure if your load order exported to this the way it is listed.

Are you using BOSS to setup your load order? I noted some errors for TCG and CK companions you need to reorder. And you really need to read up on each mod you add to the game. CK talks about the "naked PCs" as the way TCG works with companions is by removing the default clothing of NPC companions so the TCG scripting can take over. For any companion to work with TCG they have to be edited in Creation Kit or NPC editor and have the default field set to null. It sucks and it breaks up the game immersion but these are the apples we get right now. I hope someone comes up with a better system that perhaps uses SKSE to get around these limitations.

I know on further issue is that each NPC can only be touched by one mod. So the deadly dragons and TCG are going to over-write and conflict. You have to choose one or the other and live with it.

I spent a LOT of time getting to now Wyre Bash, BOSS and other tools so I could get more out of my game. Modding is not for the faint of heart and you MUST expect that CTDs and issues will arise as we choose to step away from the vanilla game.

3) The next issue I think it has to do with TCG. When I contract followers they have their armor, and if I give them something they put it on, but when I dismiss them next time I come back they are naked!!!

5) Another of my issues has to do with CK's custom NPC's-Aeela. I installed it and had the cute facelift for Aeela, but I don't know since when she turned again to her vanilla looks, but without the warpaint all over her face.

NMM PLugins List:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

FollowerWander2.esp

TCG.esp

KCustomAeela.esp

Spousetocustomhome.esp

Good Luck!

Oh, Skima200 I suggest reinstall Midas Magic. Might clean up your issue.

Skima200 you kind of hijacked the original thread from elpuma77. You should have started your own but back on track with a few pieces... Elpuma77 good luck on the adding one-by-one but that really is the best method of cleaning up your issue. A few that stuck out at me do to my own mod preferences and companions were your ref to TCG. Not sure if your load order exported to this the way it is listed.

Are you using BOSS to setup your load order? I noted some errors for TCG and CK companions you need to reorder. And you really need to read up on each mod you add to the game. CK talks about the "naked PCs" as the way TCG works with companions is by removing the default clothing of NPC companions so the TCG scripting can take over. For any companion to work with TCG they have to be edited in Creation Kit or NPC editor and have the default field set to null. It sucks and it breaks up the game immersion but these are the apples we get right now. I hope someone comes up with a better system that perhaps uses SKSE to get around these limitations.

I know on further issue is that each NPC can only be touched by one mod. So the deadly dragons and TCG are going to over-write and conflict. You have to choose one or the other and live with it.

I spent a LOT of time getting to now Wyre Bash, BOSS and other tools so I could get more out of my game. Modding is not for the faint of heart and you MUST expect that CTDs and issues will arise as we choose to step away from the vanilla game.

3) The next issue I think it has to do with TCG. When I contract followers they have their armor, and if I give them something they put it on, but when I dismiss them next time I come back they are naked!!!

5) Another of my issues has to do with CK's custom NPC's-Aeela. I installed it and had the cute facelift for Aeela, but I don't know since when she turned again to her vanilla looks, but without the warpaint all over her face.

NMM PLugins List:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

FollowerWander2.esp

TCG.esp

KCustomAeela.esp

Spousetocustomhome.esp

Good Luck!

Oh, Skima200 I suggest reinstall Midas Magic. Might clean up your issue.

Umm, what's TCG? or CK? I have never used those mods before...

Well, I also reinstalled midas magic, but didn't change anything, I noticed that when I used tcl in the console commands I didn't crash, but it looks like when I walk near the door, of near part of the introduction quest, I crash. It has to be something with the quest now. its not random crashing, its the quest. I've downloaded other saves that are places in whiterun in level 1 characters, but they crash during the load when I try to load them.

EDIT: I found out that maybe I have to follow the imperials to get out of this glitch, but the problem is I can't start a new game, I really need help in this, I don't know what would cause me not to create a new game, when I could before, except it started doing this when I downloaded those save files.

Edited by sikma200

HI again!!

First thnak you all again for you feedback and help!! It is very appreciated!!!xD!!

After this I have to say that I grew impatient yesterday and unistalled everything (even NMM), and now I am going to start installing everything again to see what happens. I thought it would be a good idea to make "MOD preference list". Since on my first entry on this thread had a list of all the mods I was using, what i will do is edit my 1st post to show what mods I deleted and the new additions. I will try to type something beside the mod name (like:********** or something easy to see) so you guys can see. For the moment I only have Skyrim.esm and update.esm.

Well, lets go to the issue.

@Sbire, Sikma 200, and JD1: ok I will install 2 or 3 at a time, then BOSS, and then run the game on a clean save. Could a use a previous clean save I have, or should I start a new one?? After I finish testing in the next couple of days I will post here what Sikma is doing (the ini setting) to see if I have your same issue and so you can compare yours to the log of a new clean save.Would that be useful?

@Christopher_C: First, thanks for participating with your comment a helping us on our issues. Second is that you hit the spot onthe load order TCG and the use BOSS (in my case). YOu know what? I thought I was but I wasn't using BOSS. I thought that NMM used BOSS automatically but I was wrong... hehe! Now I am going to use it. xD! On the other hand I really try hard to read mod descriptions and instructions, I even do it more than twice but English is not my native language (I´m from Spain), so since Oblivion I have been around on the nexus asking dumb questions from time to time, but sometimes short descriptions or very "technical" ones kill me and I make a mess. xD! Finally regarding WryeBash I used it for oblivion (so I could install FCOM plus other big bunch of mods). I learnt the basics of making a bashed patch, update saves and... not more. I never was able to understand how the "installers" tab worked (cant remember the name). I think I tried for almost a month, but after constant CTD's day to day without progress I gave up on it and never played ever since. I just wish I could find people like you guys who also know how to talk about this in spanish. Oh and iI forgot to tell you, I posted on the "new TCG mod" UFO and the author said it should be compatible with DD, and also read there that Better Horses also runs well with UFO. Thanks for your help and your advise but specially for your time spent on helping us here. Extremely appreciated.

Well, now I have Skyrim Installed up to date and in english. Lets see if it runs. Then will Start downloading, installing, and testing. I think by the end of tomorrow I will be able to have the list of new and deleted mods and will also try the ini setting on an old and a new clean save and see how it goes. I will keep the thread up to date and I will also post the BOSS logs or whatever is useful for you people just ask.

Thanks for all the feedback and all the help! And I hope this thread may help other people find what they are looking for. THanks for participating!!!!

ok i just got the skyrim creation kit but its giving me trouble. when saving i click save and put it in the file and it says everything is fine but its getting back into it that is the trick. when i try to reload my mod in the creation kit it comes up as a blank render screen. how do i get back all my work? did i save it right?

Well, it seems now that for some reason even when I use TCL in the console command, I still crash, maybe its starting to glitch over the game, but I also noticed that midas magic is CAUSING the crashing in my loading screen, because when I turn it off I actually appear in my load save, I'm going to try to create a new game.

EDIT: I couldn't start a new game, and when I loaded my "prisoner" autosave where I finished making my character, the game crashes during the load, but not in helgen keep. for what reason?

Edited by sikma200