Creation Kit LOD generation

cecil101

Im making a mod that changes about 20 cells, including landscape and custom architecture. So I am attempting to re-generate the world LOD.

Trying to re-build world LOD for Tamriel static objects and I keep getting the below error... Anyone with any information, please help :)

I did find a "how to generate world lod" guide on the creation kit wiki.... However it did not fix this issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using 4 processors/cores.

Creating queue of files to be built...

Building 2304 chunks at level 4.

Building 576 chunks at level 8.

Building 144 chunks at level 16.

Building 36 chunks at level 32.

Building object texture atlas...

Texture atlas build failed with the following errors:

LOD diffuse texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge02LOD.tga' and normal texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge02LOD_n.tga' are not the same size (but should be).

Waiting for build worker threads to finish...

Build canceled. All worker threads have been terminated.

0 LOD object triangles.

0 were rejected (0 degenerate, 0 under landscape).

0 total LOD object vertices.

No major issues detected.

Thanks again for any help.

Edit : I did check to see if the 2 meansioned files were the same size .... Both are exactly 262,162 bytes.

Edited by cecil101

Well it sort of worked ... lol, kudos to you for helping. I got the creation kit to generate LOD, but it only goes as far as 60.7% then stops....i let it go for 8 hours after reaching this point then stopped it. however when I load up in game or re-load the CK, it seems to have worked 100%, with 1 problem....

4 of my 11 custom architecture model's LOD are translated over the x and y axis.

This translation only effects the LOD object, and does not rotate it.

I double checked my models and found no errors there, in reguards to different node/ scene root points.

This movement of the LOD object seems to have no consistencies... And I have regenerated it about 12 times.

Any thoughts on why the 4 object's LODs doesnt work properly?

• 11 months later...

yes, it's vital the that textures that you want in the lod, go into the lod textures folder.

if you're using oscape and still have purple textures, make sure you've fully extracted all the relevant lod textures, use 2x2 or 4x4 in the main oscape texture sampling settings, make sure you select png as well as directx and also install the maximum resolutions available rather than the stock 128x128. if you're not seeing any lod at all after generating it, your lod settings file is corrupted, always have a copy of the original tamriel lod settings file available for renaming.

Somebody ought to make a mod containing all the extracted files needed to get the ck working, everybody doing it is unnecessary, just reinventing the wheel each time.

...Somebody ought to make a mod containing all the extracted files needed to get the ck working, everybody doing it is unnecessary, just reinventing the wheel each time.

I thought about doing it, but, I would then be publishing Bethesda assets, and that's illegal. Edited by Tamb0

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

If I'd try to generate the lod for static objects it just crashes by this sentence already

Building object texture atlas...

CK freezes up and after a minute it says that the program doesn't work