How to Respawn Enemies (sort of) and Toolset out of memory Savegame editing Fix.

Glabrezu

Long ass title I know.

I have just copy pasted this from a previous posting I made.

I am going to use necromancy on this thread!

Who knows maybe someone is still having this "Dragon Age Origins toolset out of memory" isssue.

Try this for save game editing:

https://www.nexusmod...onage/mods/4512

Works a treat. It is a modding tool and also has a basic savegame editor (that works WAY better than the toolset, it is just a little more limited, but works great for editing party etc. Also the actual editor can fill in the blanks - it too can edit save games).

Here is what I use the editor for (not the savegame editor)...

Some people like to grind (although this can be used for other stuff) and Dragon Age Origins has no respawning enemies, here is a work around:

1- MAKE A BACK UP SAVE! I am accepting no liability if you ruin your saved game :smile:

2- Find a mod that is good and has its own locations (I like Tombs of the Undead personally, but have not really tried others: https://www.nexusmod...onage/mods/1741 )

3- Go and complete the mod (take note of how many locations you enter)

4- Go to your camp (I recommand the camp because it is a single location place, some places such as Denerim Market District has several locations which makes things more awkward, you will see what I mean soon... I hope) and save your game (REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP COPY!).

5- Use the editor from the link provided to open up your save game (just as you would with the toolset).

6- Find the SAVEGAME_AREALIST

6a- This is a list of all the locations you have been. The oldest place you visited is 0, and the newest place visited will be the highest number there.

6b- So the last place you visited was your camp, so it will be the one with the highest number. DO NOT DELETE THE LOCATION YOU ARE ON (I fear it would end badly - if anyone tries this please let me know what happens).

6c- the ones before it will be the locations from the mod, just right click and delete each location you want to do again (the editor will show you the names of the locations, this is helpful in preventing you from becoming over zealous and deleting too much).

7- Re-enter the locations and find they have been "reset".

Hurrah! Much rejoicing!

The reason why I say to get a mod is because there will be less (if any chance) of breaking your game by destroying plots through the deletion of game/dlc areas, but feel free to try (I again accept no liability for destroyed save games :smile: ).

I hope this will be handy for people.