Modding shouts? help please!

danjako43

Not to be rude, but did you read ALL of my posts, if not at least the first post by me on this thread? The other people's "answers" are useless, hence I am still having the problem. Just read all the posts by me, or just read my first post. Should give you the reason why this thread was created, and still needs to be active.

in the unrelenting force shout, the amount of stagger is controlled by the magnitude of the stagger effect. A higher number = a more powerful stagger animation (the numbers are still relatively low as there are only 2 or 3? unique stagger animations)

the third level of the shout has a script added that controls the flinging of actors around using the script command PushActorAway.

The speed and range of the shout are controlled in the projectile attached to the magic effect.

All of these things are irrelevant for Whirlwind Sprint, though.

All of these things are irrelevant for Whirlwind Sprint, though.

That, AND the Slow Time show makes YOU slow down, which is ridiculous. I wanted to fix the magic effect so that YOU, the caster of this spell/shout DO NOT slow down, at all.

But, apparently since it's a magic effect ARCHETYPE, I don't know how to modify this. Or can you modify this at all?

I thought that was already answered. As fg109 said some time ago, Whirlwind Sprint's "effect" is an animation. You can examine it via the Gameplay menu > Animations... > Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx > ActionVoiceRelease > VoiceWhirlwindSprint. As for making a new Effect Archetype, no, that's definitely not going to happen.

Hmm.. Instead of trying to "fix" Slow Time, why not add a Fortify Speed effect to the shout's spells?

I thought that was already answered. As fg109 said some time ago, Whirlwind Sprint's "effect" is an animation. You can examine it via the Gameplay menu > Animations... > Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx > ActionVoiceRelease > VoiceWhirlwindSprint. As for making a new Effect Archetype, no, that's definitely not going to happen.

Hmm.. Instead of trying to "fix" Slow Time, why not add a Fortify Speed effect to the shout's spells?

Ok, I'd like to change the "animation" so that I can move a few meters farther with the shout. How do I do this? Can you try to see if it works? I looked at the 0_master.hkx animation, and it seems there's nothing I can do to the animation to change the distance moved once the shout is released. When I click on "VoiceWhirlwindSprint" are three subcategories, VoiceWhirlwindSprintShort, VoiceWhirlwindSprintMedium, and VoiceWhirlwindSprintLong. I click on VoiceWhirlwindSprintShort, and the only thing I see that can affect anything is the "Anim Event." this mean that this thing is LINKED to an animation called "ShoutSprintMediumStart." Here's the instructions on how to locate the ShoutSprintMediumStart: http://www.creationkit.com/Talk:PlayAnimation_-_ObjectReference

Apparently, it's not detailed enough! Seriously, unpacking .bsa? I've never had to do that before. Help?

Also, the fortify speed idea is smart, idk if it works, but it's smart. I've only seen fortify WEAPON speed. Haven't seen a spell effect to change movement speed. Player movement can be changed with the console command, so therefore a boolean kind of way to turn on and off faster movement scripted in MIGHT work. Not sure, might try...later when I have time.

Edited by danjako43

• 2 months later...

I also am modding and have encountered this problem. For some reason the Voicesprinteffect(whatever) used in a Lesser Power does not initiate the animation, despite me having added conditions that are fulfilled in the animations section.

I don't understand what conditions I need to add to enable the animation, or why doesn't the voicesprinteffect activate the animation? It shouldn't matter, since the shout only applies the effects (which a lesser power does aswell) and since i added a condition that is easily fulfilled. I experimented with different conditions, but to no use.