Main Quest/Civil War Overhaul

behughes

maybe some extra quests after completing the civil-war, you are after all legate/commander of a army. like fighting at places where the army should fight (besiege bandit forts etc.) and command a army. And regarding the comments above, after completing the main quest and after completing the civil-war quest choosing the side of the Imperials and the fact that the Emperor is murderd (if you want to be total good guy, you could ad a optional file that empire dies of a disease or something) you could be empire, a little to ambitious, but the nexus site is the most important mod site in the world and has also the best modders of the world, so if some great talent sees this it might get a chance

Thanks for the input! I really need all the ideas for the Civil War that I can get, since my focus has mostly been brainstorming stuff for the Main Quest and Blades.

I've decided to bring this topic to the Troubleshooting subforum, since this technically DOES exist now, albeit in a very fragile fetal state. Hopefully it will get more attention from experienced modders.

In the mean time keep the ideas coming!

Hey, I'll take any help I can get, especially if you've got some experience with the CK! I glanced at the description for your mod, and I like what I see. I definitely like the idea of improving the boss fights in general. Especially Alduin, since he is truly the boss. As much as I want this mod to focus on greater realism and immersion, I have to admit that when it comes to boss fights, I'm an old-school gamer at heart; I like a boss fight to feel like a boss fight. I've got quite a few ideas for how to make the dragon fights better myself, though they would require skills far more advanced than I have. Also, as you might have read, I want to expand the Blades and Thalmor, so there are plenty of opportunities for boss fights there, not to mention the Civil War. Can't wait to hear more of your ideas!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, progress on my end has come to a halt.

After hours of tutorials, and a week of painstakingly editing dialogue branches, rewriting scripts, and even recording audio for dialogue, something is still wrong with my scripting. I have everything working in game on my computer, but for some reason my changes to the quest scripts are having a permanent effect on the main game files. Any scripts I removed for the mod were permanently deleted, meaning they are no longer there in the vanilla game when the mod is disabled. I confirmed this by opening just the master file in the CK and checking for the missing scripts in the vanilla quest files... lo and behold, the damned scripts are missing. I have no idea why this is happening, and now there's no objective way for me to know if the mod would work on anyone else's machine, or just mine with its now-screwed-up master files. :wallbash:

So this is pretty much dead in the water, unless I can get some help with the scripting. As you can see, I'm more than willing to do all the legwork myself, but I just lack the know-how! Someone please help!

Read through all your post and I find your commitment amazing (the idea too!)! I feel kinda wronged since I couldn't do anything to help! Damn. >.<

Someone PLEASE DO HELP THIS GUY!

+ Support (The only thing I could do is maybe advertise your project, hope that's ok - do tell me if you want me to put it down)

Edited by Drakescale

For those who find it helps at the start - use Arthmoor's "Alternate start - Live another life" mod to start someplace other than the tutorial dungeon - then the whole "dragon" storyline can wait until you want to start it. Edited by MarkInMKUK

Read through all your post and I find your commitment amazing (the idea too!)! I feel kinda wronged since I couldn't do anything to help! Damn. >.<

+ Support (The only thing I could do is maybe advertise your project, hope that's ok - do tell me if you want me to put it down)

Thanks for the support! I'm glad you like the idea of this. If you think there's anything you could do to generate interest or bring more experienced modders to this project, by all means go for it :)

For those who find it helps at the start - use Arthmoor's "Alternate start - Live another life" mod to start someplace other than the tutorial dungeon - then the whole "dragon" storyline can wait until you want to start it.

Does this allow you to still experience the execution scene, or skip it completely? I rather like the classic game opening so I wouldn't want to lose it entirely.

Thanks for the support! I'm glad you like the idea of this. If you think there's anything you could do to generate interest or bring more experienced modders to this project, by all means go for it :)

For those who find it helps at the start - use Arthmoor's "Alternate start - Live another life" mod to start someplace other than the tutorial dungeon - then the whole "dragon" storyline can wait until you want to start it.

Does this allow you to still experience the execution scene, or skip it completely? I rather like the classic game opening so I wouldn't want to lose it entirely.

One of the options is the full vanilla start, the others pick up the main quest at the Alduin fly-past at the end of the tutorial I believe.

One of the options is the full vanilla start, the others pick up the main quest at the Alduin fly-past at the end of the tutorial I believe.

Sounds interesting. I'm playing around with an idea that could conflict with that mod, but its possible that a collaboration with Arthmoor could resolve any issues.

I'm considering adding an alternate start quest of my own, though it would still involve the Helgen execution. Like Arthmoor's mod, there would be multiple starting options. However, they would be set into a short, story-driven quest that establishes your character's race and background, but which ultimately ends with you arriving in Darkwater Crossing just in time to get caught up in Tullius' ambush on the Stormcloaks. In the fray, you would get "knocked out" by an Imperial Legionary, black out, and wake up in the cart on the way to Helgen, starting the quest "Unbound".

I was also considering, if possible, making this "origin" quest a flashback that occurs after Hadvar asks "Who are you?"

Any thoughts?

I like the idea. Although, sadly I have little to contribute. The most I could do is voice acting. But I support this and hope you can get someone to help you. You might want to try moddb.com, it's more the kind of place where you'd find people willing to work as a team.

Also, I think you have potential as a good team leader, and if you ever have a project that would benefit from concept art or music. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I like the idea. Although, sadly I have little to contribute. The most I could do is voice acting. But I support this and hope you can get someone to help you. You might want to try moddb.com, it's more the kind of place where you'd find people willing to work as a team.

Also, I think you have potential as a good team leader, and if you ever have a project that would benefit from concept art or music. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! Actually, I am in need of voice actors. I tried my hand at recording dialogue for Jarl Balgruuf, but I wasn't satisfied with it. Plus my mics are all trash. And if you've got musical or artistic skills, I could definitely put them to use as well. I'm actually a composer by trade, so I have some ideas for music mods, but that would be a whole other project :) As for concept art, I do want to add some new gear to the game eventually for the Blades faction, particularly a new set of spy-themed light armor. I was thinking of just putting together a retex of the Thieves Guild armor, but if you have any ideas for a totally new set, I'd love to see them.

Honestly, at this stage, I will take any help I can get. I'm still at the brainstorming stage, so even small ideas are a huge help.

Thanks! Actually, I am in need of voice actors. I tried my hand at recording dialogue for Jarl Balgruuf, but I wasn't satisfied with it. Plus my mics are all trash. And if you've got musical or artistic skills, I could definitely put them to use as well. I'm actually a composer by trade, so I have some ideas for music mods, but that would be a whole other project :) As for concept art, I do want to add some new gear to the game eventually for the Blades faction, particularly a new set of spy-themed light armor. I was thinking of just putting together a retex of the Thieves Guild armor, but if you have any ideas for a totally new set, I'd love to see them.

Honestly, at this stage, I will take any help I can get. I'm still at the brainstorming stage, so even small ideas are a huge help.

I might be able to do civil war scripts/contined scripts & voice acting, I am Dutch but that might make it look more Nordic and about those scripts, I already have started on a quest line that continues the civl war quest line. I'm quite busy at the moment and I am a bit of a perfectionist so it is ready in about a week. Until then and good luck with brainstorming!