gnome companion

Deleted48943468User

• 2 weeks later...

I can scavenge the head and boots from a gnome, but probably won't be able to use the original mesh's tunic and pants. So if you could go through the wiki and choose something that looks like the gnomes outfit I can use that (pressed for time right now). Don't worry about the color, that can be retextured, your just looking for the closest match to teh model. You can also use open source clothing off nexus if you know of any that would fit the bill. After that I'll "chunkify" the body.

Pic;

1320939-1518668446.jpg

Then I can scale his size down and start working on teh companion side of things. And of course we have his stick/staff as a weapon.

that does look rustic, might be the way to go. I was hoping for something that could include a tunic and belt, but that may not be available. I'll poke around a little bit on the clothing and armor page and see if anything fits the bill.

Also if anyone wants to make a face preset we can have a genuine face showing expressions and emotions just like a normal NPC. Then I can tack on a hair mesh of the bushy/long gnome beard to complete the effect. Of course you may not want that if you didn't envision the gnome as a real flesh and blood biological being......but rather a weird bot or animated object.

Going off of the biological being (just a little brainstorming here), there was some cut fallout 1 content that essentially centered around mutant racoons and their idyllic, isolated community called the burrows. Something similar could be done for the gnomes. Much in the same way as there are dwarves in fallout, gnomes could be a mutant race (small tribe) that has grown in isolation from most of the horrors of the wasteland. They could have a society akin to those david the gnome books and animations. I'm not too familiar with the meme, but I reemember vaguly they helped animals and were nature centric.

Obviously this particular gnome is either a rebel (to some degree) or forced by circumstances to join the player, perhaps by a threat to the gnome community. That could also be the companion quest.

I'd be interested in hearing other ideas (say a foul mouthed scottish gnome for instance). I'm working on a few companion quests (medical eyebot, ED-E android etc), and now is a good time to do them.....while I'm in the groove.