Can ENB's cause Creatures to become Invisible?

FearlessFelix

Bit of a background: The last time I ran Fallout 3 with mods, I was taking Gopher's lead and using The IMAGINATOR, DYNAVISION, CINEMATECH, and the Director's Chair. Overall, these mods had a noticeable effect on the visual side and really impressed me, though perhaps not so much as I've seen with some of the screenshots of ENB's in use. However, I did run into a rather large problem: there were multiple instances, particularly in Rivet City, where NPC's and creatures would simply not have their character model visible. They would be there, even have a shadow and be interactable, but you couldn't see them. For that reason I took the whole group out of my lineup. Now, I'm considering very strongly moving to an ENB - either Midharastic or Samsara probably - but I'm concerned that the invisibility might carry over, as that suite of mods Gopher and MyGoodEye created drew on or used similar features to improve the scene: things like soft focus and Depth of Field. I'm not sure that it just isn't with the way they were applied, however, so I figured I'd check with the community?

Any bit of help's appreciated, especially from those that have used these ENB's or others. I'll be a bit sorry to only be using the 'Advanced Recon' series for the Rebreather Gopher happily included (unless nightvision works but *thermal* nightvision doesn't?), but the visual feast is what I'm really after most.

I've never heard of an ENB rendering creature models completely invisible. They're not supposed to touch the actual meshes.

Good and good, thanks! Full admission, I have *no* idea of what touches what or how this or that interacts, etc. I just allow my technophobia to overrule all reason until someone tells me differently. ;) G'night!

I'd rather suspect you have a memory corruption and the rendering system loaded a null texture, but it's just a total wild guess.

That sounds more likely to me. Try verifying your files, see if anything pops up screwy.

I'd rather suspect you have a memory corruption and the rendering system loaded a null texture, but it's just a total wild guess.

That sounds more likely to me. Try verifying your files, see if anything pops up screwy.

I may not have made this clear in the OP. When using DYNAVISION specifically, a number of characters / creatures / actors (whatever) will not be visible all of the time, maybe dependent on area. I think it's due to the Fallout 3 engine and issues with depth of field, or soft focus, or some other related aspect. Because Gopher compares DYNAVISION to ENB's at one point (exact extent I don't have the knowledge to say), I was concerned that the invisibility might also be shared. This is something I have experienced - and Gopher himself has experienced - as can be seen in his video series for "Let's Play Fallout 3 (modded) - Chapters 1 & 2."

I still appreciate the bit of troubleshooting as a sort of "in advance" knowledge, just in case, so thank you. :)

From YouTube:

Perfect example: "Let's Play Fallout 3 (modded) - Part 21" Dr. Preston at 8:26 and for a little while after. Happens at various other points throughout the series as well, including Gopher being attacked by a *truly* ninja wild boar from MMM.

Ohh, I see now. Well I still can't say I've heard of Dynavision doing that, but then I've not used it with Fallout 3, just Skyrim LE. Perhaps the difference in engines could be responsible for that.