Font for Vault Signs

pra

I wanted to make a mod to add more vault signs. Yes, I know there is a mod which is literally called "more vault signs", but still :D

I made a custom mesh which allowed me to change the text using material swaps, instead of copying the mesh over and over. But then I ran into a really stupid problem: which font is it on the vanilla signs? I found one which is somewhat similar, but not quite.

I guess I could just release the mesh as a modder's resource, if someone else wants to do this instead.

I made a custom mesh which allowed me to change the text using material swaps, instead of copying the mesh over and over. But then I ran into a really stupid problem: which font is it on the vanilla signs? I found one which is somewhat similar, but not quite.

If you have The FuturaBT family (the "official" one, not a free off-the-web one), FuturaBT-BoldCondesned is pretty darned close. The center of the Futura R is more closed than the Bethesda one...a few other characters have minor differences. But unless you're looking to compare the two side-by-side you'd never notice. Chances are their are free versions that are close if you don't have Futura.

Ethreon's probably right in that you can't just match Bethesda's fonts with off the shelf ones. Very possible they customize them in-house. It's not uncommon for firms to do that, or to commission custom fonts. Sometimes as a way to keep their artwork from being easily duplicated, sometimes as a way to make their branding stand out...who knows for sure in this case.

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to match Fallout fonts and eventually just decided to go with "close enough."