Lydia armor swapping issue

lyenokio

My side kick lydia and I were in a heated confrontation and she was killed. I did the unthinkable and resurrected her and subsequently saved the game. I cannot switch armor on her anymore , so am I screwed? I have long played past returning to the point she was killed, so returning to that point that I resurrected her is not an option. Is ther a way to mod her core files ?. I have tried all the Lydia upgrades that are available and no luck, I cannot switch her armor. :psyduck: I cannot make Lydia change her looks or armor or any thing, etc.

how about trying install any lydia changing mod and then uninstalling it - checking that all files from textures and meshes are deleted - and of course check that there is no .esp which relates to lydia - it should default to lydia's normal

hi lyenokio, you might try refreshing her as follows:

remove all her inventory items or you will lose them, dismiss her, before she walks away immediately launch console,

target/select her with your mouse (you should see '000a2c94' on your screen),

type 'disable' <enter> (she will disappear) immediately type 'enable' <enter>, exit console, make her your follower again.

this will refresh her stats and maybe fix some other bugs for you..

you can also look into the 'recycleactor' console command and maybe try the mod 'NPC Editor'.

as you know, the issue is your savegame has messed up Lydia NPC character data which is always being loaded and what

you're trying to do is force the game to load a fresh functioning Lydia NPC without messing up her existing history/AI.

i do not recommend this; but, there are also tricky bruteforce console commands like: disable, markfordelete, leave area, player.placeatme <BaseID>...

sorry you used the resurrect command and continued gameplay..

Edited by xlcr