Question about Mod Overlap (if any)

kschang77

I am trying out several mods, and looks like there are some major overlaps in the mods I'm trying. Specifically I'm trying

•  
  • FOOK (Fallout Overhaul Kit)
  • Mission Mojave
  • Project Nevada (just core and equipment for now)
  • NVEC (new Vegas Error Correction)

From reading NVEC and FOOK, as well as Mission Mojave, they seem to have quite a bit of overlap. All three claims to have bug fixes (all over the places), objects placements, and misc updates of characters and whatnot. All of them have too many things to list.

Should I just pick one and forget the rest?

PN and FOOK: my understanding is that they both contain weapons modules, of which FOOK contains the slightly larger package. So when you install PN, uncheck the weapons module, and use FOOK's instead.

I too was unsure about the bugfix mods, but just saw this on the MM chat page:

"What's the case with NVEC? Are the two mods to be used together or is it a choice between? I didn't see any comment on compatibility on the description page. Thanks. "

"You can use this and then load essentials afterward. But generally only essentials would be compatible. They both fix things in different ways and there are overrides that mess things up because of this"

Edited by tizerist

PN and FOOK: my understanding is that they both contain weapons modules, of which FOOK contains the slightly larger package. So when you install PN, uncheck the weapons module, and use FOOK's instead.

Will do that. I'm running into one of those equipment problems, like AE7 laser pistol having 3 mods, but none I can install. I suspected it's due to this conflicting mods. :)

I too was unsure about the bugfix mods, but just saw this on the MM chat page:

"What's the case with NVEC? Are the two mods to be used together or is it a choice between? I didn't see any comment on compatibility on the description page. Thanks. "

"You can use this and then load essentials afterward. But generally only essentials would be compatible. They both fix things in different ways and there are overrides that mess things up because of this"

I'll try that too.

I have some issue about the UI mods, but I'll open a new topic for that.

Okay, here's the final load order (names are not exact as I'm transcribing them by hand)

FalloutNV (of course)

FOOK

FOOK DLC

Project Nevada Core

Warzones

Clean-Deluxe

Mod Config Menu

EVE for FNV

FOOK esp

FOOK DLC esp

FOOK GRA Ammo Hotfix

FOOK Ash pile fix

MMUE CP EVE (another hotfix)

Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition

New Vegas Error Corrections (Essentials)

Mojave Radio Extended 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100

Clean-Deluxe (duplicate as it's a subset/core of the one just below it)

Clean-Deluxe DLC Merged

Clean Deluxe Warzones

Markers (extra nav markers for New Vegas itself)

CASM (auto save)

Weapon Mod Menu

I also have MTUI / Unified HUD loaded (right now it's just FOOK, and Project Nevada) as well as Revelations UI mod.

This load order is gives excellent frame rates as well as good the goodies such as the Project Nevada FPS controls like shaking crosshair, grenade hotkey, inventory sort, and so on.

Edited by kschang77

Okay, here's the final load order (names are not exact as I'm transcribing them by hand)

My celebration may be premature. This setup worked great last night, but today, when I try to load a saved game, the game just loads, and loads, and loads... and finally I had to kill the process. (This may be caused by me replacing NVEC complete with NVEC Essentials, though I *thought* it worked last night...)

I unchecked the NVEC in the load order, and the saved game loaded (of course, I get the error about saved game has extra content that's no longer there. )

So something is STILL conflicting, darn it. Someone needs to merge NVEC into MM or PN.

EDIT: Just noticed I loaded Clean-Deluxe twice, once as the core, other as Merged.

Edited by kschang77

Just noticed I had the MM and the MM-patch in the wrong load order, duh!

EDIT: Part 2... Apparently I forgot that NVSE is required, instead of starting the game from the regular prompt, duh!

Edited by kschang77

The above order seems to be quite stable, except the CONTINUE button, which doesn't work. Apparently CONTINUE button loads the AUTO save, which is always corrupted somehow. Fortunately, the NVSE autosaves are perfect. I just load one of THOSE and voila, a good savegame to go back to.

Hope that's useful for somebody.

• 1 month later...