What could cause mods to not show up in MCM?

jordangamer007

MCM tends to be a bit slow at times. Fast travel a bit, change zones. This should usually fix it.

You can also open the console and type

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

I'm not 100% sure if this commands also works in SE, but I think it does.

If your mods still aren't showing up, check their installation. Also make sure all mods you use are properly converted to SE and aren't missing any prerequisites.

SKSE64 and SkyUI are still very much in Alpha, so expect some issues with functionality. Also check what mods you've installed and when they last had an update from the mod author because a lot of Skyrim Special Edition Mods don't have MCM support yet, even the ones that had it for the original Skyrim, they had a lot of features removed when first ported to SE because there was no SKSE and SkyUI, some Mods carry remnants of the old code within and people notice weird MCM Bugs, strange text and symbols and wonky menus. It just means the mods need to be re-written by the authors to re-support the SKSE and SkyUI features. As a general rule I apply when looking at mods to download and install if it's not been updated in the last six months I don't expect it to have SKSE or working SkyUI functions.

• 1 year later...

This may sound fundamental, good troubleshooting techniques always are, but have you attempted to remove all mods employing MCM, except for SkyUI, and then re-applying them one by one. My thoughts are: if SkyUI and its MCM are working correctly, then SKSE64 must be properly installed, meaning the issue is being caused elsewhere.

By (1) removing all MCM related mods from your load order, (2) validating SkyUI is functioning properly, and then (3) adding a solitary mod with MCM functionality, you'll be able to ascertain whether or not the issue persists. If so, then something is definitely askew and probably calls for a complete re-install of SKSE64 and related modules.

• 1 year later...

Hello there , i searched whole internet to find out the solution and Thanks to God i FIXED it , very Simple ! ( Vortex Mod Manager )

If you are like me , skip these 2 solutions i wrote to reach the main solution

2 solutions that may help some people that didn't help me , please try these First :

1. Open console command menu and type :

setstage ski_ConfigManagerInstance 1

This will reset skyui when you are ingame and it may be helpful.

2.start a new game to check out that would skyui read and recognize the missing mods or not?

If yes , the problem may be about your saved game and you should continue searching internet ( for some solutions like using LOOT and etc) or restart from the begining.

If no , stay with me :

The Main and Simple Solution which helped me :

I Recognized that when i'm using Vortex ( the mod manager i use and i don't know about others) , sometimes vortex installs and enables all mods but ,,, please Pay more attention: BUT IT WON'T enable their plugins !!

Vortex Solution: go and click on '❇Plugins' under 'Mods' on the left menu you always see in vortex.

Look at all plugins you have. And you may see some plugins of your mods still disabled ! ( grey color ) those missing Mods!

Just click on them and enable them manually. This was so so simple that i never saw that. I recommand you to restart your computer to make sure vortex will show you the truth that your game won't load these plugins. Thank you.

Sometimes , passing In game Time for some people helped their skyui to recognize their mods.

I never usually comment on forums. But i wished to help someone who got stuck on some thing so simple like this. like myself. Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there , i searched whole internet to find out the solution and Thanks to God i FIXED it , very Simple ! ( Vortex Mod Manager )

2 solutions that may help some people that didn't help me , please try these First :

2.start a new game to check out that would skyui read and recognize the missing mods or not?

If yes , the problem may be about your saved game and you should continue searching internet ( for some solutions like using LOOT and etc) or restart from the begining.

If no , stay with me :

I Recognized that when i'm using Vortex ( the mod manager i use and i don't know about others) , sometimes vortex installs and enables all mods but ,,, please Pay more attention: BUT IT WON'T enable their plugins !!

Vortex Solution: go and click on '❇Plugins' under 'Mods' on the left menu you always see in vortex.

Look at all plugins you have. And you may see some plugins of your mods still disabled ! ( grey color ) those missing Mods!

Just click on them and enable them manually. This was so so simple that i never saw that. I recommand you to restart your computer to make sure vortex will show you the truth that your game won't load these plugins. Thank you.

Sometimes , passing In game Time for some people helped their skyui to recognize their mods.

I never usually comment on forums. But i wished to help someone who got stuck on some thing so simple like this. like myself. Thank you so much.

You da MVP sir. That was the exact problem I am having

• 3 weeks later...

If no , stay with me :

Hello sir, i did enable all the plugins and restart my computer but the MCM configuration still not showing the mods. Please help

• 4 weeks later...