Unable to download throught MO2 after using Vortex

Madchieften

I would like to be able to use MO2 and Vortex for different games, but I am unable to download mods through MO2 after using Vortex.

I have disabled the handling of nexus links in Vortex, and then associated the download links in MO2. Now when I press the download button Vortex launches and tells me Vortex isn't setup to handle this protocol.

In the past I could go back and forth between MO2 and NMM, with only one being able to download at a time. That's all I want between MO2 and Vortex.

Honestly I never understood why folks use the "download with manager" option. I've always just downloaded manually (to my D:) and then "install from file". If I ever need to wipe and restart from scratch, I don't have to worry about my mod archives being blown away. What advantage is there to doing it the other way? Serious question.

Less steps. Some browsers automatically download to Windows' Downloads folder, and you'd have to manually move the archive to MO's downloads folder, which might involve a lot of clicking through filetree expansions, in order to have it appear in the window to click to install.

Honestly I never understood why folks use the "download with manager" option. I've always just downloaded manually (to my D:) and then "install from file". If I ever need to wipe and restart from scratch, I don't have to worry about my mod archives being blown away. What advantage is there to doing it the other way? Serious question.

Because that way I can install a mod in 2 clicks in MO2 without having to worry where it gets downloaded, browsing for it etc.

This seems to just be a bug with MO2, I downloaded NMM and am able to download through it fine.

Edit: Fixed by following these steps

"Go to your ModOrganizer directory and run the nxmhandler application. If the program is pointing to Mod Organizer, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close. If the program is not pointing to Mod Organizer, right-click in the window and select Add, select the game you are handling, browse to the appropriate ModOrganizer.exe application, click OK, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close."