Closeing the old.nexusmods.com is a sad move ;(

JaxomPern

The site was pretty awful to use for that population of users and is vastly improved now for the phone.

Makes sense since the majority probably downloads mods via cell phone!

Yea, makes sense when you can browse then queue you download from the smartphone for download later. In any case just because smartphone users are not the lion's share doesn't mean it's good business to blow them off (20% is not .05%).

For what it's worth:

I hadn't been active on the Nexus for almost a year. After managing to break Skyrim LE, I took a hiatus. I did download a few State of Decay mods during that time but stayed off the Nexus otherwise. Now, 2018, I've started Skyrim again. I noticed that the layout had changed but I didn't find it too difficult to use. Some parts were easier to navigate than before (such as download history) while others were harder to use (such as searching most endorsed mods).

I have also found that the new site appears to load a lot slower than before, even as a premium member and supporter. Overall, I'd say the new site works but I can't see why it needed "updating". After all, why break what isn't broken? It does have a somewhat cleaner look and feel about it but it does have a very "console" feel to it.

I did read somewhere that the new site was to help mobile users? I don't download mods on my phone and could access the forums and Nexus just fine on my android. If it helps people use the site, I'm all for it but I was also happy with the older layout.

Just my thoughts :happy:

The new Nexus Site is worse than the old one.It got too much space between Text and Buttons and the Pictures are too big.

The background image is the worst part! Its slow to load and doesn't add anything to the site. I'm trying to incorporate a script to turn it off on my browser but not having much luck so far :-/

The background image is the worst part! Its slow to load and doesn't add anything to the site. I'm trying to incorporate a script to turn it off on my browser but not having much luck so far :-/

The whole site loads very fast for me.

Lucky you (no sarcasm intended). Not sure why I'm experiencing this more than others? Worked fine before the Nexus was *ahem* "updated" to improve experience though. Every other web page loads just fine for me. Have tried on other devices and other networks but still the same results. Does your download history page open as fast?

For me too, it is fast.

I like the stile too. For me everything is at a logic place.

Lucky you (no sarcasm intended). Not sure why I'm experiencing this more than others? Worked fine before the Nexus was *ahem* "updated" to improve experience though. Every other web page loads just fine for me. Have tried on other devices and other networks but still the same results. Does your download history page open as fast?

Yes, all of it opens at the same speed. Though I will admit sometimes the site opens slightly slower than other times, but that is likely due to traffic.