Need Some Scripting Help

Deleted2628341User

Hello again!

I'm coming to down to the final stage of a mod and I need some scripting help to make it work the way I need it to. I made a new dragon variant and am placing it in a location where a quest takes place. I've tried to find another location but there's always something nearby and ultimately decided that the location I chose was actually quite fitting. I want the dragon to remain disabled until after the corresponding quest has been completed (it's a vanilla quest) in order to avoid slaughtering under-leveled characters if they take that particular quest relatively early.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Scripting for Fallout was hard enough and I don't really get the Papyrus stuff. As always I'll be doing what I can to figure it out myself but if one of my fellow modders out there is willing to lend a hand and get this released a little faster that would be greatly appreciated!

In an effort to save time, this is how I have everything set up: Dragon is placed in the world and is set as 'initially disabled.' I've managed to make this work for Fallout 3 where a certain script condition will enable the reference, but it wasn't connected to a quest, it was connected to an activator...

Thanks for any help.

After looking over the Creation Kit tutorials, this is what I came up with for a script:

if (MG08.IsCompleted() )

BahamutRef.enable

ArchMageNoteRef.enable

endif

end

Now CK is telling me it can't compile when I try to save it, but when I go into the Build Menu in the script editor window and select Compile it says compile successful... It's a basic script, all it needs to do is activate two references when that particular quest has been completed. If someone can look at it and tell me if I messed something up somehow that would be great.

If this 2 references are placed in the world (not in a inventory or container) you can select that reference from the cell view and set it to "initially disabled".

After doing this, select your quest, go to alias tab, and create a new alias. Name it Dragon

If your dragon is unique, you can use "unique actor" and point it to the dragon.

Then check the box in the top right "allow disabled"

Now go to the quest stage you want to trigger the dragon enabling, and in fragments write this

Alias_Dragon.GetReference().Enable()

You can do the same with the ArchMageNote if it isn't in a inventory/container