Vortex and Version of Mod

HalfLazy

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit confused about how different version of mod (different archivies) get managed by Vortex.

It seem to me that this feature is actually not working (not bugged, just "to finish").

So far I can download different version of mods and they get placed correctly

Like ModA Ver 1.0 and ModA Ver 1.1 use the same space and I can select / uninstall the version I want

The point:

I could only Download the New version, uninstal the Old, install the New

But I couldn't switch between the two (I mean: I select another version from the menu, but Vortex dosen't changed the "Version installed" showed, it does says "deploying files", so I'm not actually sure if it does or not)

Did someone got it working?

I don't know that I've tested exactly what you are talking about, but I do have some commentary on the same subject:

1. MO uses a four-place version notation instead of Vortex's three-place (i.e., 1.2.3.0 as opposed to 1.2.3) which carries over on migrate. Vortex currently does not recognize the two as the same and claims that there is updates when it's the same version.

2. Apparently, downloading a new version of a mod that Vortex indicates can be updated (but the user must select the download) will NOT update the existing mod; it will install a new mod entry in addition to the old one. I have not updated one yet that didn't have that "selection" issue, so I don't know if the replacement issue is global or only tied to that one kind of update.