What do Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering Do?

oldbookheaven

The Anisotropic are affecting the..., (sorry my english), this make an picture more clean, more they are high, more beutiful the thing will be, the thing in the screen are more clean, more soaft)

The anti-alias make make..., ok an exemple, you look a desk they are beutiful, so the anti-allias make the border of the objet more soft, or when you look a statue are a thing curved in the wall the border will be more detailled, soft, not like a pixel, the thing they are circle are more like circle, when you look a shadow by example, and you don't have this the border of shadow will be more square, put this aa up an border of square become soft,

so to be clear,

the anti-alias put the thing more real when you look the border of a thing, (it's like if they add more line in the screen to have more precision,

the anisotropic make an picture soft, the red are more red and not red whit black line in it,

i hope you understand, sorry my english but if some other people want to explain in an english more easy to understand than the mine, it's can peharp help you more to understanf Ha ha Ha

<snip>

I'll try to explain it better.

The Anisotropic Filtering makes the objects more clean, meaning that the higher the Filtering, the cleaner things will be.

Anti-aliasing removes jaggies on edges of objects. For example you look at a table, it has ugly jagged pixels on it without anti-aliasing. However enabling anti-aliasing will remove the jagged pixels. Anti-aliasing can go up to 16x (at least from what I've saw) It will also decrease the performance accordingly.

To be clear..

Anisotropic Filtering makes the objects more clean, the higher it goes, the cleaner it is.

Anti-aliasing removes jagged pixels from edges of tables, walls, etc..

I'm not a super expert at computers, though I know what graphics settings do what and mean what..

Meh. I'll also have a shot.

Anti-Aliasing removes the jaggies you see on polygons. The jaggies are those pointy lines that run along 3D models. AA is quite the FPS killer/reducer.

Antisotropic Filtering makes textures in 3D space look less blurry/low-res, especially when viewed from an angle. It isn't anywhere near as GPU-Stressing as AA, but only some games have a notable difference to write home about when it's being used.

How about this answer:

Both features make the game look better at the cost of performance :)

Yes Ha Ha!, it's a way to saying this, but when you know the difference between the two, and if you need to make a choice, it's more easy, but it's seem for more people the anti-allis make problem, but i don't know why, peharp they ask much memory than the other anisotropic

• 3 years later...