Wars In skyrim ??

TheRedHunter

Uff! Troll are everywhere, the solution against them is to ignore their cackle.. it's a shame that the best mod in the nexus disappeared because of some jackass!

Administrators should improve the comment's section giving the authors the possibility to lock for their works to insistent and rude people (and unpleasant too) like in youtube happen. Speech's freedom doesn't include the duty to listen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame he quit because of trolls, but if he felt like no-one appreciated all the hard work he put into making the mod I can't say I blame him for what he did. :sad: It takes me quite a while just to make a house, so I can only imagine how much work goes into mods like this.

And I really don't understand some people either. I mean seriously, what is the point in trolling when it won't even be funny? Putting down someone's hard work is NOT funny, it is mean and insensitive. To be honest I don't even think that is trolling, it is bullying.

And the people that expect an update all the bloody time... yes, they are incredibly annoying. I'll admit that I ask questions when I have problems with a mod which I hope hasn't bothered any modders, but I'm well aware updates take time and I think people need to stop being so demanding.

Edited by LaKitty

Well, maybe someone will step up and offer to act as public relations for the project:

1) Read the user feedback and answer simple known questions

2) Forward useful ideas, useful criticisms, and the difficult relevant questions to the mod author

3) Receive mod author reply

4) Post answers

First thing, though, is for mod author to understand that there are MANY more people passionately in support of his creative goal than against it.

The rest of us need to understand that people need breaks from pressure.

Perhaps there will be a middle ground in the future, but for right now the mod author has picked up his toys and gone home.

Well, maybe someone will step up and offer to act as public relations for the project:

1) Read the user feedback and answer simple known questions

2) Forward useful ideas, useful criticisms, and the difficult relevant questions to the mod author

3) Receive mod author reply

4) Post answers

I already done that but it doesn't look good.

Unfortunately he is REALLLLY exhausted for the moment.

I am waiting a reply from him on my last email. So fingers crossed.

D13

Well there are always going to be more negative comments on the forums because anyone posting anything positive will be criticized and called a pussy so they wont post that they think that this mod makes Skyrim the most unbelievable game out there in the world. Also there are always going to be someone that thinks that something is horrible just so they can feel better about themselves and make people try to notice them the best thing he can do is to ignore them. He can do with a little bit of support from everyone instead of everyone yelling at him to update more we can say your doing a great job and keep up the hard work. Because something like this is a super huge project that takes time and thought and probably a lot of hair pulling so let him know that you care and love his mod more than anything because I know I do. So lets all give a round of applause to the best modder out there.

I hope he reads this, so he can know we really support him !!! I love his mod and I cant play without it . I hope he can ignore those trolls, and come back here to keep sharing his amazing creation with us.

Forza Alex!

This is actually a quite impressive power move.

After all the abuse and whatever just cut the mod from the site. Let people stew for a few weeks and realise the error of their ways making sure they know why the file is no longer available.

Bring it back a few weeks later probably with a warning that it will be gone for good next time.

Unfortunately, we cannot ban a troll until after they troll. :rolleyes: By then the author has already seen the post.

BTW ANYONE can report a troll on any topic. It doesn't have to be the author. There is a little yellow diamond on the left side of EVERY post - click on that to report. The staff is not always line - Some of actually have a life outside of The Nexus. So please don't expect an instant response to a report. We will get to it soon.

@Theredhunter. There is no free speech mandate here. This is a private forum not a public service. We typically ban between 15 and 30 a DAY for things like trolling, flaming piracy and other rules violations. Check our banned topic http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/188-forum-rules-and-strikes/ to see them and why they were banned. This is actually a very small percent of our members (now over 3.6 Million). And we are getting around 500 to 1000 new members a day to replace those banned. :tongue:

With over 500 posts a day scattered among 10 games and a dozen other forums plus the chat we don't read every post and must rely on the members to let us know when someone is misbehaving - that's what that report button is for.

Ask the long time mod authors what it is like on The Nexus when compared to other mod sites. :thumbsup: