Wars In skyrim ??

TheRedHunter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I understand that the mod was removed by the author because of troll comments and his exasperation with them, but what kind of things were actually being said? I don't understand what the argument was actually about.

I'm neutral to the whole thing. While I think anyone who uploads a mod for the community deserves some measure of respect and gratitude for making the effort, I don't think that it's an automatic shield to criticism or that they should be exempt from those who dislike their mod and want to say so. As someone posted earlier, this is the internet- not everyone is going to say things that you want to hear.

I liked the mod initially, or at least parts of it, but my problem was that it got too confusing too fast and was a little over-ambitious. I just wanted to increase the chance of random encounters in my game, not add twenty uber-loot carrying werewolves at night and a hundred mage vs. mammoth fights during the day. I also wasn't a fan of trying to understand the differences between half a dozen variants of each iteration of the mod while trying to decipher that oddly-named files like "Blood coins" and "Chimera" actually meant "respawn rate" and "fall damage". In all honesty I stopped using the mod because the whole thing was kind of a mess.

That said, it doesn't mean that I could have done better, nor does it mean that other people didn't appreciate the mod more than I did and have every right to enjoy it. I didn't have anything against the mod- I tried it for a while and liked it at first but eventually stopped using it for others such as Warzones- and I certainly wouldn't have yelled at the guy for his efforts. It IS a shame that he felt compelled to take it down because of negative criticism and I think a lot of people will be pleased if it returns. I don't know what all the hate was about but I do think that if it makes a comeback, some cleaner and more straightforward organization and presentation (not to mention a little calm restraint in terms of balancing the content) would help to improve what was, obviously, already a really nice idea.

Edited by miketheratguy

@ miketheratguy

Hi,

I was there the last two weeks trying to defend Alex from ... just pure trolling. There is a difference between a positive criticism and just pure arrogant trolling. You have to understand that when Alex started with this mod there was no CK, this was purely go into the code and look for something that looked like a spawn point and change that in HEX etc. that was the beginning of it all than when he found a leveled list he edited that. When Ck came out he was trying to fix the issues that came up, unfortunately that is when the language issue came up. Mind you that is not such a big issue. Coming shortly before the mod was taken down people literally started to call him Idiot in the comments. Now tell me that is not the way people should behave here.

Anyway with 9000 and nearly 20% repetitive including nearly 5% abusive and unprofessional because people were too lazy to read the full description or 2 - 3 pages back Alex wasn't able to keep cool not with that kind of comments. I am not surprised. If you would be working on the mod 6-8 hours every single day and then this, you would say aaaah f*** this as well.

About a week after Alex erased the mod in moment of justifiable rage and cooled down he has asked if someone doesn't have a copy of the mod (somewhere on internet) I can't remember where. I fixed the langue issue and sent him the file offering help whether either to become his speaker to reply on all the comments as my skin is a lot more thicker or manual (helping him with the mod) or psychological (letting him talk how he felt about it all). Anyway he sent me a few emails with how he felt I have done what I could he started to work on it again :) However at that stage he found that modding doesn't make him happy as it used to. One day I'll come home and find Alexis email saying that he is finished and that here is the final most stable release and that I should team up with gasti89 and try to rebuild the mod with a team. That is what Alex needed a team. This is simply too huge project for one man to handle.

I hope that share some light on the situation. I do feel sorry for him, for the nasty abuse he got for bringing us that mod. To be honest I don't even play without it. And if I wouldn't have it I would put Skyrim aside and play Diablo 3 or something.

Later D13

• 2 months later...
Good day everyone, I was having this weird idea in mind to everybody who has the latest WIS update could share it with us? :) But if not possible, forget I asked.

• 8 months later...

I had WIS in my game since the mod first came out. I recently uninstalled it do to it not showing up in Nexus at all. I did enjoy the mod to a certain extent. But I look at it this way. It got taken down for a reason, and most likely will never return, and with updates happening, I fear WIS will eventually break my game so I uninstalled it.

I had WIS in my game since the mod first came out. I recently uninstalled it do to it not showing up in Nexus at all. I did enjoy the mod to a certain extent. But I look at it this way. It got taken down for a reason, and most likely will never return, and with updates happening, I fear WIS will eventually break my game so I uninstalled it.

The old one probably will :(