Wars In skyrim ??

TheRedHunter

Just came across this because I decided to play Skyrim again (as a merchant, just gettin some immersion on, FYI) and saw the "Version: 1" tag in NMM. Came here to check. It's a damn shame this kind of drama haunts every internet community from time to time.

What I'd like to know is if my 4.4 WIS will still work, especially with Monstermod and Deadly Dragons still being updated. Will modders avoid conflicts with the last up-to-date version or is my 4.4 old anyway?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this because I decided to play Skyrim again (as a merchant, just gettin some immersion on, FYI) and saw the "Version: 1" tag in NMM. Came here to check. It's a damn shame this kind of drama haunts every internet community from time to time.

What I'd like to know is if my 4.4 WIS will still work, especially with Monstermod and Deadly Dragons still being updated. Will modders avoid conflicts with the last up-to-date version or is my 4.4 old anyway?

I'm playing with the latest WiS, Warzones, Deadly Dragons and the Monstermod - and it works perfectly fine!

Edited by Njorunn

• 3 weeks later...
Gotta say, Alex. Dick move bro. This mod was excellent. Loved it. But you shouldn't have made it in the first place if you weren't gonna stick to your guns and take some heat. More success=more trolls. Just means you were doing something right. Now you went and f***ed it up. Good job giving trolls more power by letting them run you off.

it isn't about making mods to get kudos or anything like that. modders play a game and think that something is missing or should be changed and have a go at doing it. when they find that what they have done improves the game in some way they put it up on sites like Nexus for others to try out and see if they like it.

modders owe the community nothing except a "you're welcome" when someone says "thank you".

modders don't have to grow a thick skin and put up with dickheads demanding stuff or being impatient or just not reading the instructions. modders are, by their nature, creative and if that means that when people start acting like dicks the modder acts like a diva then it is us, the people who are getting stuff for free that have to put up with it

sad thing is after reading through the comments of people who simply lacked the ability to get the mod to work so claimed it was "broken" i actually saw this comming, even i was angered at the people that were posting nonsense. its not a matter of "oh he shouldve had thicker skin and not let trolls bother him." i mean look at this he took hours and hours upon hours of frustrating work and offering it for free to the public. and a majority of them just complained and made demands and insulted. tho id hate to see a mod such as this go i dont blame alex at all for taking it away.

I missed it, was'nt ready at the time and when I was, it had just been taken down. So now I run Warzones, Deadly Dragons and a monster mod but something is missing.............. I would definitely give it a try if an inspired someone phoenixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame that Alex took down WiS, but looking at the reasons I can understand why. I do wish that could've fixed the different language names for some of the creatures though. :sweat: I remember asking him how to add the spell knockback that he put in early in development of it and he helped me be able to make my first mod with Skyrim. It was awesome of him to help out a total noob like myself and I'll remember that of him. :smile:

Speaking of making a mod I'd like to ask you guys something. It's not really WiS related but I'd like to bring back a feature in it, the only problem is that I would need some help as I am pretty inept at using the Creation Kit. I would like to add the increased fall damage for the player and NPCs/monsters but I have no clue on adding it or even where to look. It went nicely with the spell knockback I mentioned earlier, haha. I put in a topic about it here if anyone would mind helping me out.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/682542-adding-more-fall-damage/

Edited by Darkdemise13