Does any one really read the books in Skyrim

Zemica

Books in Skyrim  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read the Books in skyrim

• Yes, every book I find.
    • Yes, but only the ones that look interesting.
    • Kinda, I open the book so it counts as reading for that achievement.
    • No, I am not interested in learning the history of Elder Scrolls.
    • No, I play games to have fun not to read.
    • No, me smash and burn petty book!!!

i read any book that the title interests me. my favorites by far are the lusty argonian, the wolf queen, myths of Sheogorath and the last year of first era.

also i have filled all of the book cases in vlindrel hall!

my favorites by far are the lusty argonian,

The lusty argonian is a rare find i think i have found it once or twice, also my armoir is full of book to be readed, when i havent the will to walk around in treasure hunting

I read every single book, too. My personal favorites are The Ruins of Kemel-Ze, Mystery of Talera, and Palla. My various characters almost always carry one of those books with them always, usually whichever title I come across first - even the chars who don't bother keeping or reading books in general. Oh, and Immortal Blood... I think that's the title. The one about the vampire hunter. I also find it amusing to look through both Biography of Barenziah and The Real Barenziah and compare the differences, and wonder which one is closer to being accurate, or if they're both basically revisionist history.

Also agreed with the poster who said he\she doesn't read Volume II without having Volume I. I'm the same, and there are a lot of "series" that I haven't read yet simply because I haven't managed to acquire the full set, or at least the first couple of titles. If I know a series has a whole bunch of volumes I usually like to have the first two or three before beginning to read. So I've yet to crack the covers of The Wolf Queen, the Argonian Account, the whole series of books detailing each month of the year 2920, A Dance in Fire, and Song of Pelinal. It sounds dumb, but I really do look forward to finally collecting a pile of some of those unread books and spending a rainy Skyrim day holed up in my room at the Bannered Mare reading, occasionally slipping down to the kitchen for another wineskin or a bit of cheese and bread.

My toon is a Bibliomaniac. I both read and collect them. Since this is my first Elder Scrolls game, at first I was just trying to familiarize myself with the lore of the world. Now I keep my main library in one trunk in Whiterun. Duplicate copies go on bookshelves, organized by topics. If I come across a new quest I will review all my lore in that area: Dwemer or Daedra or Dunmer history or whatever else is at hand. My toon tries to be honest, but finding a new book is just too much for her and she is apt to steal first editions, even from friendly Jarls.