Help! I've lost pc control and can't play game anymore

BooneoftheWasteland

Hi, so the game has been fine since I bought it on day one. Recently took a break to play some FONV. Came back and dl'ed Sim Settlements recent update and RISE. Since then I have lost player control and movement. I've discussed it on the SS forum and tried a few things, uninstall SS, checked on Steam player controls and everything was enabled/true, so last resort was to uninstall and reinstall.

Did that. Launched the game again and still the same issue. I launched NMM and plugin tab was as expected, just fallout esms, however when going to the mods tab all my old mods from last game was still there!?! I had to individually delete each mod which was a 20 minute ordeal. What baffled me was what was I deleting? All the files have been wiped and non-existent from my hd,

Anyhow my issue is this; image being drunk and the room is spinning and you play the game walking around and looking left to right and you have not control. If I run forward and release the 'w' button the pc continues to run 3 to 4 more steps, so the pc runs into everything and just can't stop, strafing is the same. looking around and trying to pick something up is a dizzying task.

At this point the game is unplayable and I don't know what to do. I've never come across something like this in my 10 years of playing OB & FO games.

I really hope someone can help.

when you uninstalled fallout did you manually delete the data folder? if not its why nmm picked them up after reinstalling.

uninstalling the game via steam wont have touched any of the mods installed via nmm as steam will only delete main game files, not any addition files in the install folder. any enbs, dll loaders and mods will stay there.

However, this sounds more like an input issue. remove all USBs excluding mouse and keyboard and see if the problem persists. if it does then try changing the ports they are plugged into.

if this fails, then i would do a clean install. Uninstall via steam, uninstall NMM. manually delete the left over fallout folder and manully delete all of the INIs from your users files.

Yes you are correct that I did manually delete, thanks for that info.

Ok I would not have thought of my external mouse and keyboard, way to think out of the box imo, considering everything else was working. Soon as you mentioned that usb possibility it clicked in my head. Yes when playing FONV I had bought a cooling table for my laptop which is powered by usb, it also had the option to piggy back in so I used it for my keyboard usb. My main mouse wheel was no longer working so I have been using my traveling around mouse. Thing with that is that on laptop boot up my laptop doesn't recognize it and I always have to unplug and plug it back in.

Moving forward to launching FO4 again with that set up...bam the issues. My friend you nailed it on the head, thank you!!!