CTD at New Game

pleasantexample

try deleting your .ini files in the appdata folder and run the launcher. This will create default copies of them. If that doesn't work then try to verify the integrity of the game's files. If that doesn't work then uninstall the game, manually delete the Skyrim SE directory, and create a fresh install.

In any case, you should now have default .ini files and .esm files, so that isn't the problem. If it isn't an issue with the .ini then it's typically an issue with the masters failing to load properly. Have you installed a DLL loader for a mod like SE Fixes or Achievements Enabler? ENB files in your SE directory can cause problems as well.

try deleting your .ini files in the appdata folder and run the launcher. This will create default copies of them. If that doesn't work then try to verify the integrity of the game's files. If that doesn't work then uninstall the game, manually delete the Skyrim SE directory, and create a fresh install.

Your ini files are in Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition these are the ones you should be deleting. I believe you are thinking of Steam's appcache which you should delete if you are validating you master files.

Your ini files are in Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition these are the ones you should be deleting. I believe you are thinking of Steam's appcache which you should delete if you are validating you master files.

Yeah, that's the one I deleted - that's what I figured.

In any case, you should now have default .ini files and .esm files, so that isn't the problem. If it isn't an issue with the .ini then it's typically an issue with the masters failing to load properly. Have you installed a DLL loader for a mod like SE Fixes or Achievements Enabler? ENB files in your SE directory can cause problems as well.

I have the DLL loader for those, yeah. Take it I shouldn't?