[SSE PC] The Brotherhood of Old - OPEN BETA

TomTesoro

You're the first person to report this problem. I need more details. What point are you at exactly in the quest? What's the dialoge line? What's your quest stage?

Was on version 0.9.3.3 and Skyrim version 1.5.23 w/ SKSE 2.0.6. After initally having this issue I upgraded to 0.9.4, Skyrim version 1.5.39 and SKSE 2.0.7. On both versions this is what happened:

Completed "Dream and a Dagger" and then entered the Dawnstar sanctuary to talk to Babette. Got the Torpor, drank it and went into dreamstride. Banus Alor initiates the dialogue and then the dialogue window closes after he says "Then that means...Oh no!"

I'm then free to wander around the area and nothing happens. Upon checking, TBO02 is at stage 21. I can manually advance the stages but nothing happens other than the Night Mother and the other various people in the scene being teleported to their new positions.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm absolutely loving the mod but I'm having the same issue as Alekthewhat on the Cults of Darkness, I've hit Percius Crito with the poisoned dagger, the twins kill Clendil and then after that the rest of the NPCs just stand around looking confused without the quest log updating, I've tried loading up saves from prior to quest acceptance and re-doing as well as reloading saves/waiting during the events. I was wondering if there were any fixes as of yet or the sort. Thank you very much for all the hardwork you've put in, though there are times where I've had to be patient with it, it makes me so happy to revitalize the Dark brotherhood into a proper organisation rather than just having the 2 initiates when you finish the quest line.

I restarted from several quests back after updating to the latest version and encountered the same issue. the mod seems to freeze when Crito is hit with the languorwine and nothing will update or progress. I travel to the quest location, and hit Crito with the poison outside. From there, the quest marker stays hovering over him and the "Complete Crito's Contract" marker hovers over the entrance to the location, whether I'm inside or outside. Have I done something out of order?

Was on version 0.9.3.3 and Skyrim version 1.5.23 w/ SKSE 2.0.6. After initally having this issue I upgraded to 0.9.4, Skyrim version 1.5.39 and SKSE 2.0.7. On both versions this is what happened:

ÃÂ

Completed "Dream and a Dagger" and then entered the Dawnstar sanctuary to talk to Babette. Got the Torpor, drank it and went into dreamstride. Banus Alor initiates the dialogue and then the dialogue window closes after he says "Then that means...Oh no!"

ÃÂ

I'm then free to wander around the area and nothing happens. Upon checking, TBO02 is at stage 21. I can manually advance the stages but nothing happens other than the Night Mother and the other various people in the scene being teleported to their new positions.

There's no reason for this to be happening. You'll probably need to start from a save where the mod hasn't started, or try uninstalling it completely, making a hard save, then installing the latest version clean and starting the mod again.

Edited by TomTesoro

I restarted from several quests back after updating to the latest version and encountered the same issue. the mod seems to freeze when Crito is hit with the languorwine and nothing will update or progress. I travel to the quest location, and hit Crito with the poison outside. From there, the quest marker stays hovering over him and the "Complete Crito's Contract" marker hovers over the entrance to the location, whether I'm inside or outside. Have I done something out of order?

This is the third report I've gotten for this issue. Will look into it ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Good mod. Definitely enjoying it so far. I have encountered a road block though.

I'm on The Witch in Whiterun quest. I've done the assassination, gotten the reward and am now being directed to Riften to buy upgrades. However, when I speak to Delvin, the only option I have is sneak training. So I can't proceed from there at all.

Another thing I've noticed is that I can't get Vala to stop following me. I tell her to go away, she says 'Alright' and then continues to follow me. I generally don't like having a follower, except when absolutely necessary. :sad:

Can't wait to play more and see what happens next once I can again :smile:

I will look into the Delvin issue. What is your quest stage you're trying to talk to him?

For a majority of these quests you will have forced followers that won't go away until the quest is over. They are essential for the quest to function. The options you're selecting are for when she's a standalone follower and won't work here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey man just wanted to say i absolutely loved this mod and the amount of work that has gone into it, the amount of fun i had with it was immense i really felt for the first time i had actually made the dark brotherhood into something special and feared.

i think i have encountered a bug or if im doing something wrong but i have reached the revive crito quest and have tried placing the antidote on him but nothing happens even after save reloads (playing the latest version) just wondering if you have heard of anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by spoonerluke15

Hey man just wanted to say i absolutely loved this mod and the amount of work that has gone into it, the amount of fun i had with it was immense i really felt for the first time i had actually made the dark brotherhood into something special and feared.

i think i have encountered a bug or if im doing something wrong but i have reached the revive crito quest and have tried placing the antidote on him but nothing happens even after save reloads (playing the latest version) just wondering if you have heard of anyone else experiencing this?

You're not alone my dude. I broke it in the last update.