Journey to Aetherius

DreadWalker101

Hi all. I am making a mod at the current time and as the title suggests, it is of a journey to Aetherius, the plane of the Nine Divines. There will be quests, weapons, armor, etc.. i am just wondering, Should i use Shivering Ilse content in the mod. i feel that this would increase the quality, but decrease the audience.

Also, semi-spoiler: i am trying to come up with npcs to act as the divines. there will also be an opportunity to become a divine.

any comments/feedback will be appreciated

Hi all. I am making a mod at the current time and as the title suggests, it is of a journey to Aetherius, the plane of the Nine Divines. There will be quests, weapons, armor, etc.. i am just wondering, Should i use Shivering Ilse content in the mod. i feel that this would increase the quality, but decrease the audience.

Also, semi-spoiler: i am trying to come up with npcs to act as the divines. there will also be an opportunity to become a divine.

any comments/feedback will be appreciated

Yeah, use it. Most everyone that plays Oblivion will more than likely have SI than those that do not.

Sounds like a cool idea. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

It does sound pretty cool. Aetherius is a pretty good place for lore-related content. I'm adding in some aetherius-related content to my own mod as well and the material the guys at Bethesda have provided us so far gives us a lot of creative options to work with.

One thing though. Aetherius isn't the plane of the Nine Divines, but of the Aedra as a whole. The nine divines literally make up Nirn (known as the earth-bones)... they are the laws of the world of the Elder Scrolls. The Eight Divines were the Aedra that were coerced by Lorkhan to make the world out of themselves. Lorkhan became the heart of the world. All of the other Aedra left, and left holes in Oblivion which form the stars and the sun (Magnus... and in leaving Magnus also left behind the ability to use magic). The Ninth Divine is Talos... Tiber Septim become deified. How he relates to the earthbones isn't really elaborated on.

Aetherius shines through these holes to make the light of the stars and the sun.

Edited by jamochawoke

Thanks for the input so far guys.

I am going to expand upon this more in time and i would like more input from possible users.

as far as the whole divines controversy thing is concerned, i have a nice little twisty story to implement, but no spoilers yet. lets just say (and i guess that this could be a spoiler) that you may just ascend and the nine shall become 10. unless of course something happens to the others. noting is confirmed yet, all still in planning and ALPHA.

Speaking of ALPHA i will soon be releasiing it once the Grove of resolve is complete and the nine will be included. they are not essential, but they are all level 100 and using some pretty powerful stuff (Julianos effectively has an unlimited Magicka supply) and you can have their power if you can beat them. i must say, Talos is a bit.... Ugh. I cant kill him without some specal gear. to be fair, i am only lvl 15 on this character.

[please excuse my terrible spelling, i am on my netbook and to be frank, this asus "ergonomic" keyboard sucks. i strongly dislike it]