Original Fallout free on GOG

yoba333

This is awesome :D. I already bought it a year ago at the store( 1,2 + tactics for like 6$) but this is a wonderful oportunity for someone else to try this game :D. Anyone should play that masterpiece, not just fallout fans.

@Quetzlsacatanango - As the great American poet Axl Rose once said "All you need is just a little patience" ;)

@ziitch - Why not just ignore the Origin titles?

I love GOG. I've picked up quite a few old titles that I still have disk copies of buried somewhere in a closet. Just the fact they are all setup to work on Windows 7 makes it worth it. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this deal as I already paid a whopping $6 for Fallout 1 & 2 on GOG about a year ago when they had them both on sale. :)

This will be my third time "buying" Fallout also, but I'm getting things I didn't get before (and in convenient format) like the soundtrack, the avatars, the icons... The bonus material. Yes, you can get most of Mark Morgan's Fallout music and some of these digital assets free elsewhere, but as was already stated, this is more "legitimate" for those that want to be able to point to a time and place they bought it. The Fallout Bible in .PDF is a must for any Fallout lore/immersion purist (not saying I am one, though I admit I have my moments).

Thank you so much for posting this. I've never played the original Fallout, but I used to play these kinds of games all the time as a kid. And man, have I degraded as a gamer. So much information on screen, and it took me forever to kill the first rat. I had completely over looked the manual, and that was my first mistake. Tutorials have really dumbed down the gamers of today, and I am one of them. So, time to pull up my socks and get into a real gaming experience. *pull*

New Vegas was being developed by Obsidian, with Bethy as publisher. And Obsidian have some people who were both Fallout 1 and 2 developers. If you loved New Vegas quests, storyline and world and you're not scared by 2D, give it a try. But if you think Fallout 3 is better Fallout then New Vegas, don't touch FO1 or FO2.