Revisiting FO3 - High Res

cirathorn

I reinstalled Fallout 3 the other day and decided to see if I could get it to run in 1920 x1080, and if there were any High-Res textures out there worth playing with.

I was flooded when I searched the Nexus, and wasn't to sure where to even start; I was hoping you all could help me out with suggestions.

cirathorn - Hello!

I was always happy playing with the vanilla textures so I've not tried a replacer.

However, NMC's Texture Pack for FO3:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/12056

Seems to be a very popular texture replacer.

It also has a LITE package if the full one is too much for your system.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Awesome thank you!

Going to have to wait a bit to check that one out, for whatever reason FO3 is crashing for me on loadup of a game. and I am trying to sort out why.

I've tried every tweak and utility that I can find here and elsewhere, but still its happening. So I just reinstalled and am going to go with the bare -minimum for right now

(Fellout/ Greenworld and thats it)

cirathorn - Hello!

I was always happy playing with the vanilla textures so I've not tried a replacer.

However, NMC's Texture Pack for FO3:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/12056

Seems to be a very popular texture replacer.

It also has a LITE package if the full one is too much for your system.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Awesome thank you!

Going to have to wait a bit to check that one out, for whatever reason FO3 is crashing for me on loadup of a game. and I am trying to sort out why.

I've tried every tweak and utility that I can find here and elsewhere, but still its happening. So I just reinstalled and am going to go with the bare -minimum for right now

(Fellout/ Greenworld and thats it)

I seem to run into a lot of crashes too, since I upgraded my video card, sadly - prior to that, I had very few (for FO3 in any event).

I did notice that toning down shadows seemed to help a lot. What gets me is that I'll crash on occasion in my own mod; and right now it's just a 'frame' of a few interior cells - no clutter, no scripts, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's video related, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it - short of really toning down options. But I got a new card, I wanted to crank it up!! :)

But yes, those textures didn't seem to change the frequency of my crashes - I went with the second most intense texture mod.