Whats with all girls stuff in TES Skyrim?

skinmez

Obviously modding is predominately male orientated and men are obsessed by airbrushed model good looks and physiques.

Yes i understand that. But most men (i hope) are more interested into history and medieval than some makeup dolls in a game i think.

That would be contrary to just about every female-lead to every video game, ever. I get that there are people that are looking for realism, but I came to mods because I felt the characters in the game were pretty damn ugly. If I'm going to spend entire days of my life playing a game, I'd personally rather have the eye candy. As others have said though, it's about personal choice. Most people don't like the anime look, but I like it for my character just to stand out (Gatsu style in-particular). I try to leave the NPCs alone though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if people use such mods, nobody is forcing me too... The problem is that it needs to be easier to sift out the lore-breaking titano-titty monster armored thong mods, so I can find stuff I'm looking for. Even with the existing filters in place, it seems like most of the stuff I come across is all just more of the loneley guy fapping material. :wallbash:

Obviously modding is predominately male orientated and men are obsessed by airbrushed model good looks and physiques.

Yes i understand that. But most men (i hope) are more interested into history and medieval than some makeup dolls in a game i think.

Have you seen the females people put into video games? They almost all look like airbrushed "working girls", and if the company can manage it have large breast that bounce.

You silly men you... :P

Its best to just try and ignore it all, I know its hard but mods are all optional and up to the taste of the modder who made them. Do I like the fact that guys seem to expect girls to look like that? No of course not, its not realistic. But it is also not my place to complain to them when they all work just as hard as I do on their mod.

Peoples best bet to find mods that fit their taste is to make it themselves, other wise you have to take what you can get.

I think it is a kind of supply and demand at work as well. It's what a lot of people want. A talented body modder could make a buff, muscular male body mod and have 100 people download it or make a swimsuit model type female and get 100,000 downloads. They can make a much bigger name for themselves pleasing the majority.

disclaimer

those numbers are completely made up, I have no idea what the actual demand for either is

/disclaimer

Someone seriously underestimates the amount of female Elder Scrolls players who love making their character look like the "hottest" stuff in the province.

I am going to go out on a limb and say majority of them are male players, most the major screenshot people are male anyways lol. Not all...but most.

Bra's and panties are definitely not Lore...they simply did not use them and were not anywhere near as modest as we are....As for the huge breasts, beautiful faces, make up, etc...breasts come in all sizes (I would rather more variance myself...but I don't know how to mod), faces come in all forms and if I remember correctly, only whores wore make up (make up as we perceive it originated in Ancient Egypt among the upper classes, though once spread among other cultures, it became the trade marks of a prostitute) though with that said Skyrim contains a mixture of time periods and cultures from the very immodest to something closer to what we live with, though once again, none of these wore bra's and panties...if I remember correctly, Eskimo's wore the first panties.... as for bra's, they are in fact are a rather recent invention.

As an older married woman, I run something of a rather revealing game...my own personal interest in history lay's primarily in pre Roman Europe, given the inclusion of the Imperial/Stormcloak war, I am given to play with the feel of the early stages of the Roman invasion period...I play a barbarian male Dovahkin, he wears Forsworn braces and boots only (being the most basic armor in appearance available) and is otherwise naked aside from war paint and I stay with weaponry to fit that period also....He expects 'favors' from women in return for his help and I choose the dialog most fitting for a man looking out for himself first, in Skyrim this usually comes down to the "What do I get out of this?" dialog.....The highest majority of Mods I choose for my game are chosen for their lore friendly nature to fit this period in time.....some of which are sexual or revealing in nature.

Yes, lore would dictate a dirty, unwashed world of people with varying body shapes, etc....though it also dictates a world much less modest than our own, much more violent and much more openly sexual.

Edited by StayFrosty05

... none of these wore bra's and panties...if I remember correctly, Eskimo's wore the first panties.... as for bra's, they are in fact are a rather recent invention.

I'm not exactly sure what you consider "recent", but women have in one manner or another had various ways to cover themselves for a long, long time. Maybe not with cup style factory made stuff like we've got today, but the idea of a bra or brassiere has existed since...well, at least 1400BC or so. See apodesmos, etc. You combine that with what is, as you mentioned a mixing of cultures and time periods - and look at other aspects of the lore, say...weapon development, and compare it to our own timeline, people having dirty bras isn't that far fetched.

... none of these wore bra's and panties...if I remember correctly, Eskimo's wore the first panties.... as for bra's, they are in fact are a rather recent invention.

I'm not exactly sure what you consider "recent", but women have in one manner or another had various ways to cover themselves for a long, long time. Maybe not with cup style factory made stuff like we've got today, but the idea of a bra or brassiere has existed since...well, at least 1400BC or so. See apodesmos, etc. You combine that with what is, as you mentioned a mixing of cultures and time periods - and look at other aspects of the lore, say...weapon development, and compare it to our own timeline, people having dirty bras isn't that far fetched.

I have yet to see anything Greek in Skyrim, and Skyrim would be the barbarians one link from that google search mentions.

The ancient Greeks were disdainful of people whom they considered to be barbarians and their way of dressing that revealed the body.

Also if you did not notice that the apodesmos was mainly used by woman who participated in athletics for support and not as we use underwear today to cover or accentuate the breasts in day to day lives as well as support.

The Roman version would be a better comparison because the Imperials are more roman in style. Only problem is the Romans used them on young girls to stop the breast from getting big(sounds like torture to me lol) and on older woman who are fully developed to make them appear smaller than they are.

Either way that is something used by the aristocracy and not the commoners, the commoners wearing any sort of underwear in western culture was after the middle ages unless it was used to keep the boobs from bouncing by the more athletic woman and that was uncommon outside of the Greeks.

So in short I find the nude mods to be more realistic for Skyrim.

Edited by jet4571