Why is there no third person settlement building yet?

LX6R

I've actually looked high and low for a 3rd person build view. Not sure exactly why the developers decided to lock your view into first person. This has been brought up before but I have never seen a solid answer on why it would not be possible / nobody would want to do it. Sure would be nice to be able to scroll out like normal to see if you've aligned something correctly Edited by wileecoyote1969

there was a similar thread about something like this earlier today/yesterday. good answer that i saw is that it's not really worth the effort to make it when you can just use tcl command for basically the exact same result

LOL. Well, that's kinda the argument from a coder's viewpoint. It's an old, old problem. I remember people scoffing at Windows. "Why would would you need all that extra overhead? It doesn't do anything you can't already do in DOS". For your average person, opening the console, typing commands closing console, checking out what you want to see, opening console, typing commands, closing console, getting back to work, opening console........ to infinity is just annoying . I mean, why not have the whole game console driven? It's not a big deal using the console when doing a task like adding something to your inventory, but doing something that will be intensely repetitious (zooming view in and out while building) gets to be cumbersome.

distilling the quoted answer even more, those who could make the mod don't really care to make the mod for their own use, so it never gets made. About 90% of mods are made by someone who wanted it in their game.

Edited by wileecoyote1969

there was a similar thread about something like this earlier today/yesterday. good answer that i saw is that it's not really worth the effort to make it when you can just use tcl command for basically the exact same result

LOL. Well, that's kinda the argument from a coder's viewpoint. It's an old, old problem. I remember people scoffing at Windows. "Why would would you need all that extra overhead? It doesn't do anything you can't already do in DOS". For your average person, opening the console, typing commands closing console, checking out what you want to see, opening console, typing commands, closing console, getting back to work, opening console........ to infinity is just annoying . I mean, why not have the whole game console driven? It's not a big deal using the console when doing a task like adding something to your inventory, but doing something that will be intensely repetitious (zooming view in and out while building) gets to be cumbersome.

distilling the quoted answer even more, those who could make the mod don't really care to make the mod for their own use, so it never gets made. About 90% of mods are made by someone who wanted it in their game.

definitely fair points you've made. it'd be nice to have, certainly would make things easier. this isn't a suggestion i personally have ever seen mentioned until the other day though. not that i have the knowledge to make this a reality in the first place, but it's not really even crossed my mind as being an inconvenience to use TCL even after reading your post. but i was also playing on xbox before building my pc a while back, so having access to console commands and other tools available on pc is still a major luxury to me.

the other thread similar to this that i saw mentioned a mod called pocket vehicles that lets you fly around in a ufo while in workshop mode to move around at different heights, maybe that would be closer to what you're looking for?