ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Suggestion for Neverwinter mod nexus - categories and tags

dainsgames

I was overjoyed to hear that the Nexus had opened up a Neverwinter Nights mod site and hopped right over to see what was up. The site looks great, there's new files and hot files right up front, but I wanted to find some specific things, so I went to the Files menu and clicked on Categories.

Those didn't work out well for someone who is looking for mods to download :( They appear to be more set up for modders to find resources. I got some help in the NW forums and found that the Tag Search section - esp. the Resource tags - are pretty ideal for finding mods to use.

But, Categories is right on top of the Files menu, so of course I clicked that and got stuck in a system made for the other major type of user. Tag Search is pretty far down the menu after other generic file sorts, and the mod-user-friendly Resource section is the second to last one on that page, so I don't know if I would have even found those without help on the forums or searching.

It just seems that this is pretty user-unfriendly navigation from a mod-user perspective, so I would suggest that there be some guidance for new users to go to the Tag search for finding mods to download.

Alternatively, I'd suggest integrating the Tag Search into the Categories page as a tabbed pane and maybe changing the top menu item to Categories and Tags (or Find Mods?)? That way everyone goes to the top Files menu item, and from there they choose either the Categories or Tags pane, so there's no way anyone will have trouble finding what they are looking for.

Just a suggestion, and thanks for supporting NWN modding!