How do you give an NPC a weapon with specific mods in the GECK? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

FrankManic

I've been banging my head against this for a few hours. I can't figure out how all the keywords and different systems work. The very short version is that I'd like to change the pipe weapons used by super mutants to be more heavily upgraded versions. I don't know how to define what mods the weapon has, though. Could anyone explain how I'd add a weapon with specific or randomly chosen mods to an actors levelled list? Is there a tutorial or a walkthrough somewhere?

Go FO4 Nexus Forums Main Board At the bottom is the Creation board, if yeh wanted to learn about GECK stuff. Also there is Creation Kit Main Page Papyrus which isn't the homepage, but Papyrus is a little more filled in than the rest of the stuff, as it's a wiki. Anyway, question is probably better off asked there. I'd guess it's very similar to creating an Automatron, a bunch of parts that are attached together. The game does this already with some gear depending on the player level & there are mods that exploit that specifically. However, for the potential use implied in your question I would think you would be much more better off taking advantage of the highly developed mods which accomplish this very same thing often in much more of a comprehensive form. To start, lots of weapon mods are going to inject weapons into leveled lists, which puts the weapons into the hands of your actors. Also long, long, development cycle on mods like Super Mutant Overhaul, Raider Overhaul, Minutemen Overhaul, and Institute Overhaul. That's just the ones I know about, quite popular, well developed, fun, and all of em are made by people that liked playing the game. Hell, now that I mention it, there are mods that make Pipe weapons just as dangerous as prewar weapons, & mods that make institute weapons just as dangerous as energy weapons. Something like that. Hope it helps.