Need help with optional ESP's

SeriouslySarcastic

This is my first time making a mod I've ever done so please bare with me and provide as much detail as possible if you can help me. (Thank you)

I made a mod to replace the companion NPC faces but I have like 5 different ESP's. I was wondering how to make it all one file and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) make each ESP optional for the user to choose once they download VIA nexus mod manager.

The best way to merge mods is in FO4Edit.

1) Open FO4Edit

2) Select mods you want to merge and their masters.

3) once background loader is finished open the drop down menus to see the categories.

4) use Ctrl+left click to select multiple categories (select them all)

5) Right click on highlighted categories

6) Select deep copy as override into, it will either prompt to remove or add pre/suffixes ( or will just skip to select file).

7) Select new file

8 )click ok

9) Name your new esp ( ex: "All-In-One-Test.esp" ) NOTE: It may require you to add the previous mod (and additional mods) as a master, (YOU MUST ADD IT, IF IT TELLS YOU OR ELSE IT WONT COPY THE RECORDS) don't worry this is normal and we will remove it later.

10) Repeat 3-7 for the other mods you wish to merge, except when selecting file select the new esp you just created ( ex: "All-In-One-Test.esp" ) .

11) Once all your records have been copied, drop down the menus for your "All-In-One-Test.esp"

12) Click on File Header

13) Locate the section where it lists the file's masters that you were required to add previously

14) Right click on the empty space above each Master's file name

15) Click Remove, Do this for each master that you were required to add ( DO NOT REMOVE MASTERS THAT THE MOD RELIES ON EX: FALLOUT4.ESM, LOOKSMENU, etc.)

16) Use Ctrl+s to save or just exit the program and save upon exiting

YOU NOW HAVE A MERGED ALL-IN-ONE MOD! Enjoy! Lol :smile: As for the options, you may just want to upload the files seperately under the optional files selection, or you can search around on how to make a FOMOD installer ( I have no clue how to as it requires scripting and there aren't any working templates that I'm aware of. .I might be wrong on that particular fact though) I hope I helped somewhat lol :smile:

Edited by Tylersteinfeldt01

The best way to merge mods is in FO4Edit.

1) Open FO4Edit

2) Select mods you want to merge and their masters.

3) once background loader is finished open the drop down menus to see the categories.

4) use Ctrl+left click to select multiple categories (select them all)

5) Right click on highlighted categories

6) Select deep copy as override into, it will either prompt to remove or add pre/suffixes ( or will just skip to select file).

7) Select new file

8 )click ok

9) Name your new esp ( ex: "All-In-One-Test.esp" ) NOTE: It may require you to add the previous mod (and additional mods) as a master, (YOU MUST ADD IT, IF IT TELLS YOU OR ELSE IT WONT COPY THE RECORDS) don't worry this is normal and we will remove it later.

10) Repeat 3-7 for the other mods you wish to merge, except when selecting file select the new esp you just created ( ex: "All-In-One-Test.esp" ) .

11) Once all your records have been copied, drop down the menus for your "All-In-One-Test.esp"

12) Click on File Header

13) Locate the section where it lists the file's masters that you were required to add previously

14) Right click on the empty space above each Master's file name

15) Click Remove, Do this for each master that you were required to add ( DO NOT REMOVE MASTERS THAT THE MOD RELIES ON EX: FALLOUT4.ESM, LOOKSMENU, etc.)

16) Use Ctrl+s to save or just exit the program and save upon exiting

YOU NOW HAVE A MERGED ALL-IN-ONE MOD! Enjoy! Lol :smile: As for the options, you may just want to upload the files seperately under the optional files selection, or you can search around on how to make a FOMOD installer ( I have no clue how to as it requires scripting and there aren't any working templates that I'm aware of. .I might be wrong on that particular fact though) I hope I helped somewhat lol :smile:

Thank you! Much appreciated.