Custome Clothing/Armour

funkydunk

Hey everyone, I hope someone can give me some advice.

Been playing oblivion for a few weeks now and all the mods I have installed seemed to be working just fine.

I have CM Companions running and also Trade and Commerce.

In terms of bodies:

HGEC ECup with BBB, Better looking NPC's and a texture pack.

My question is to do with Clothing/armour replacers.

As you can imagine in my game I am quite attached with some of my NPC's and also the shopkeeper in TAC and thererefore wanted to "jazz" them up a bit with some clothing/armour replacers from the many that are available to make them a bit more unique.

I have downloaded Dollparts Wild Flower Corsets and wanted to equip my archer from CM Companions with one of them but when i try to do so the NPC CM stayed naked so I tried it on the shopkeeper from TAC and the game crashed. Am i experiencing a one off or do these custom armour clothes tend not to work with NPC's? I tried the corset on myself and it worked but obvioulsy, playing a man it looked a bit silly.

If anyone can offer any advice on whether a, I can equip NPC's with custom armours and clothing and b, is there something I am missing it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

funky

The thing is simply the CS doesn't like ESPs depending on ESPs and will just "ignore" (as in remove) their parent relationship and all contents from parent'ed ESPs either on load or on save.

You will have to either "ESMify" the ESPs you're taking from in Wrye Bash before opening the plugin you're putting into and "ESPify" them back again when done, or simply use the Construction Set Extender (CSE) instead right from the start. This one accepts ESPs as masterfile for ESPs and all's working well.

Thanks for the reply.

I am new to this so bare with me, Skyrim PS3 player who came into oblivion afterwards.

So basically, Use Wyre Bash to turn the esp for the clothing mod into an esm. Then go into the game, equip the NPCs with the clothing from the mod and then after that is done, save and then make the esm back into an esp?

I believe Drake's advice would only apply if you were trying to use the Oblivion Construction Set to add the clothing to the CM Partners and Trade and Commerce NPCs. If you are trying to do all this in-game it's a different story.

First for the CM Partners you would use their 'Share' menu option, which opens up their inventory menu just like they were a container. The problem in getting them to wear what you'd like them to wear is because they'll wear whatever they consider is the 'best' piece they have in their inventory if they have more than one piece to chose from. The other problem can arise if you want them to put on something that is rigged to the tail or amulet slot (tail is a problem to get to work and they'll wear amulet slot only if they don't have any other amulets ... same as the 'best' problem). Simplest way to deal with CM Partners is strip them of everything and only give them what you want them to wear. If they still won't wear it while in following mode it is probably a slot related issue (in other modes they may not wear armor, for example when relaxing while split up).

Second, how were you trying to get the Trade and Commerce NPC to use the clothes? If that NPC doesn't have a 'share' menu like the CM Partners you could use a mod that opens up a 'share and recruit' menu on normal NPCs or use the console to remove their current clothes and add the ones you want. The problem with the second method is finding the proper base ID for the mod added clothes for use with the 'additem' console command (or the 'removeitem' command, if they are wearing custom clothes added by Trade and Commerce). I find using the Construction Set and creating a new item the easiest way there, but that may be more than you care to do.

Oh sorry, I was understanding it as you were trying to modify the ESPs of the mods to use assets from other mods. My instructions were for actual modding, using the Construction Set. Doing this only ingame is, like Striker said, a different story.

edit: Oh, and "never", repeat, "never" start your game while some ESPs are still ESMified! This is only bound to crash or glitch horribly. ESMs can only hold certain information. ESPs can contain records ESMs may not. ESMifying simply switches an internal flag in the file so the CS thinks it's an ESM. However, it then underlies the very same restrictions ESMs do when used in the game. When there was any of the forbidden record types in the ESP, the resulting ESM will be corrupted and unusable. You must by all means turn it back into an ESP before you start the game.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Tried the esp to esm method but wouldn't do it for me, they just stayed naked. So looked into the CS and just added to the inventory using that and resaved mod.. Abit confusing at first but after an hour it proved to be a very cool resource i never even knew was there. Using designer body spell managed to get different body sizes as well so all in all very pleased with the prompt to use the CS as nothing worse than everyone looking the same.

Thanks guys

You are well on your way to having a diverse Cyrodiil. A couple of points to keep in mind. In the game the clothing or armor worn 'becomes' the body part it covers. If you have for example the HGEC E-cup installed all naked women will be E-cup. If clothed with H-cup clothes those same women will appear as H-cup while clothed and E-cup while naked. Cast the 'Set Body' spell on her while clothed and set her to AA-cup and she'll continue to appear as H-cup while wearing an H-cup top but will be AA-cup when naked. The point I'm making is that you only need to cast the spell on women who you will get naked (a bandit you'll be killing and stripping for example).

This leads me to my tip. Download and install different cup sized clothing replacers and you'll get some variety at minimal expense in setting it up. The only caveat is make sure your replacers are HGEC compatible or texture weirdness will result (odd looking hands and arms/legs when 'bare skin' is part of the clothing/armor). I use selected parts from BBB H-cup Stock and a C-cup replacer that has unfortunately been pulled from the site (not sure why). I also use a few from the FLY series (search on the uploader name yuravica). If I want an NPC to wear something from a non-replacer mod I'm not above console killing them, taking their existing clothing/armor and adding the stuff I want them to have. Then I console 'resurrect 1' them and they go on their merry way.

So basically you replaced the default stuff with elements of all the clothing/armour replacers out there of different sizes? Good idea.

I will bare all that in mind and now I have figured out this CS, the characters i see a bit stand out from each other and with the body spell and now being able to add custom clothing the world will not look the same anymore.

Plus with some of the "realism mods" i have added i do get to see them naked every now and again :)

Another of my favourites is fore's excellent NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer. Coupled with the appropriate BBBed stock armor replacers you'll look forward to fighting female bandits ... heck you can even give them a little console lovin' and 'resurrect 1' them (after you've looted of course) for a more interesting 'round 2'.

I have the fix for the HGEC Khjitt. Male/Female texture.. I noticed that the male and female use the same folder. and the nif model uses somthing like Footfemale and Footfemale dds.es so if HGEC dont have the fix then well ill check back if n you wanna have some female textures that were ment to be on the females and well no change with the male Khjitt. so ... LOL I sound board.!aaah just make a folder in the Khjitt folder name it female

then take the texture from the HGEC Khajitt/female folder think the name is FootFemale.dds and place that in your new Khjitt/Female folder then open up cs and go to charater/race/Khajitt/BodyData/FOOT/ look for the dds in the NEW folder you created

Khajitt/Femlae/FootFemale.dds save my is named KhajittFemaleFix.esp now this will tell TES4 were to look for the HGEC Khajitt/footfemlae.dds/ now she look pppuuuuurrrrrfect ;)