Exnem body mod

I'm having trouble getting the nude option to work. I downloaded HG Eye Candy (http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15802) and extracted the file. I followed the instructions in the "read-me" by putting all of the folders accept the "omod conversion data" and the "screenshots" folder in the /data folder but only the underwear option worked. I think this is because when I go into the "underwear" folder I am presented with a "textures" folder which contains two file types which I put into my textures folder in the /data folder. The rest of the folders in HG Eye Candy only contain "meshes" folders.. I have no idea what to do.

If you don't understand the files and folders that the game requires all the options presented in the extracted download for HG EyeCandy Body by RAIAR and Madcat221 can be quite overwhelming (I know it was for me when I first started installing mods). You can't simply drop the folders from the extracted archive into your game's Data folder. You need to pick the body options you want from the screenshots folder, locate the appropriate files in either the nude or underwear folder and then get them to the correct folder structure in the game's Data folder. Even for me there are plenty of opportunities to make a mistake while doing it.

The best advice is to go with the more modern equivalent EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion. It comes as an OMOD, which will present you with options and then install the appropriate files. Downside to that is you will need to get Oblivion mod manager installed and working first. The upside is that EVE comes with the proper HGEC clothing and armor replacer so you won't get the ugliness that results from using the HGEC body with the vanilla clothing and armor. EVE also has a manual install option, but it adds the extra layer of complication of needing to find and install the correct clothing/armor files along with the body files.

Manual install is possible with either, you just need to get your head around the file names and folder structure the game requires. The body will need to be located in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male and will require one file from the optional and common folders named femalefoot.nif, femalehand.nif, femalelowerbody.nif and femaleupperbody.nif. If you download and examine the manual install version of EVE you'll see similar options for the body and then folders for the options in clothing and armor. Folder structure and file names are hard coded into the game ... if you don't give it what it wants it won't work, simple as that. I like to create a folder I name 'Installed' and then create the full games folder structure within that folder (so the full folder structure would be Installed\Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male in my working folder, located in a temporary folder outside of the games folders, in my case on the drive I download mods to). Get everything copied to the proper folders in your 'Installed' folder, recheck your work and then it's a simple right click and copy on the 'Data' folder in 'Installed\Oblivion\Data' and then paste in my game's Oblivion folder (always paste into one level higher than you copy ... if you don't get the message about there already being a folder of that name you're doing it wrong).

If you don't understand the files and folders that the game requires all the options presented in the extracted download for HG EyeCandy Body by RAIAR and Madcat221 can be quite overwhelming (I know it was for me when I first started installing mods). You can't simply drop the folders from the extracted archive into your game's Data folder. You need to pick the body options you want from the screenshots folder, locate the appropriate files in either the nude or underwear folder and then get them to the correct folder structure in the game's Data folder. Even for me there are plenty of opportunities to make a mistake while doing it.

The best advice is to go with the more modern equivalent EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion. It comes as an OMOD, which will present you with options and then install the appropriate files. Downside to that is you will need to get Oblivion mod manager installed and working first. The upside is that EVE comes with the proper HGEC clothing and armor replacer so you won't get the ugliness that results from using the HGEC body with the vanilla clothing and armor. EVE also has a manual install option, but it adds the extra layer of complication of needing to find and install the correct clothing/armor files along with the body files.

Manual install is possible with either, you just need to get your head around the file names and folder structure the game requires. The body will need to be located in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male and will require one file from the optional and common folders named femalefoot.nif, femalehand.nif, femalelowerbody.nif and femaleupperbody.nif. If you download and examine the manual install version of EVE you'll see similar options for the body and then folders for the options in clothing and armor. Folder structure and file names are hard coded into the game ... if you don't give it what it wants it won't work, simple as that. I like to create a folder I name 'Installed' and then create the full games folder structure within that folder (so the full folder structure would be Installed\Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_male in my working folder, located in a temporary folder outside of the games folders, in my case on the drive I download mods to). Get everything copied to the proper folders in your 'Installed' folder, recheck your work and then it's a simple right click and copy on the 'Data' folder in 'Installed\Oblivion\Data' and then paste in my game's Oblivion folder (always paste into one level higher than you copy ... if you don't get the message about there already being a folder of that name you're doing it wrong).

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write that. I appreciate that. I'm new to this.

I just downloaded and installed obmm but it says I'm not running it as an administrator, but rather in "Limited Mode"... How do you run it as an admin?

I'm an old Win XP dinosaur, so I'm not sure the same trick works on Win 7 or Vista, but what I've done is created a desktop shortcut and then set that to prompt for my administrator account password. On Win XP just right click the shortcut, select 'Properties' and then on the 'Shortcut' tab click the 'Advanced' button. In the dialogue that comes up select 'Run with different credentials'. When I doubleclick the desktop shortcut it brings up a dialogue to select the account to 'Run as' ... I use the default administrator account, but any administrator level account will do.

Windows 7 and Vista introduced the additional complication in getting modded games to run called UAC (User Account Control). If you're just getting started with Oblivion and mods you want to make sure you didn't install to the default location C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). UAC 'protects' that directory and will cause no end of headaches for you when you start adding mods to the game. Better to get started on the right foot right off the bat. Follow the instructions in Bben46's wiki article Oblivion reinstall procedure to get the game properly moved to C:\Games\Oblivion. Don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install if you use the Steam version of the game, and don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important. It seems a lot of work but trust me it will pay dividends down the road when you start installing mods. The vanilla game runs fine in the default location. It isn't until you try adding mods that UAC rears it's ugly head to 'protect' you from yourself.