Getting moddrop off my computer

scrimpyjonathan

So I've been away from Skyrim for about 7-8 months now, but before that I had gotten moddrop under the impression it was safe. Now I've been remodding Special Edition and found out that some mods wont let you use them with mod drop on your computer leading me to find out that moddrop was stealing mods. I have been trying for hours to get all the moddrop files off my computer to be able to use FNIS, however I keep getting told that I cant use it because I have moddrop still, so I was wonder if anyone knew how to completely remove all files related to moddrop.

You uninstall like every proper Windows application. In Windows 10 this is

"Windows icon" RMB (right mouse button) -> Apps and Features -> Moddrop Client.

Alternatively you can remove it from its installation folder. Default is "C:\Program Files(x86)\Olympus Games\Moddrop Client".

Someone help, Having the same problem, uninstalled moddrop and every file that had the word moddrop, yet it still says im a moddrop support and fnis wont work

I have deleted every single file with the word moddrop and even cleaned my registry and fnis still says I have it.

See the FNIS description:

If you want to use FNIS again, you need to (1) uninstall the moddrop client, (2) uninstall FNIS, including all leftovers in tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users or MO overwrites, respecively (3) re-install FNIS again.

After about 9h of rage googling I finally found a solution that worked for me from Reddit user Vanderplate.

Direct copy paste of their message.

Okay here are some steps to make FNIS 7.1 work if you have/had installed ModDrop.

1. Clean registry with CCleaner
  2. Run "regedit" (search for it in start/type in cmd/Win+R). Press CTRL+F and type in "ModDrop". Remove found entries. Rinse and Repeat until clean.
  3. Uninstall FNIS
  4. Remove FNIS related folder in Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Tools
  5. Go to Skyrim SE folder and search for "FNIS" and remove everything (backup if you're not sure).
  6. Download FNIS 7.1 and enjoy

Hope this works for others too.

• 2 months later...

Someone help, Having the same problem, uninstalled moddrop and every file that had the word moddrop, yet it still says im a moddrop support and fnis wont work

I have deleted every single file with the word moddrop and even cleaned my registry and fnis still says I have it.

See the FNIS description:

If you want to use FNIS again, you need to (1) uninstall the moddrop client, (2) uninstall FNIS, including all leftovers in tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users or MO overwrites, respecively (3) re-install FNIS again.

send sir. It worked perfectly

• 1 year later...

So I got sent here by a friend in hopes of fixing my problem. Now here's the REALLY weird part! I'm finding ModDrop bits on my computer, but I've NEVER knowingly installed it! o_O Hopefully getting rid of them will help...

EDIT: Yup. seems to be working now. I'm still a bit worried by the fact that this program just APPEARED on my pc. <.<

Edited by Lilcamp