Getting moddrop off my computer

scrimpyjonathan

It's a great mod manager for Torchlight 1 and 2 though.

But it sucks, because of all that extra crap added to it.

That's why I accidentally installed it the first time, because I was under the impression it was just a Torchlight Mod Manager, because that's where you download it, from the Torchlight Mod website.
That's all I ever used it for, but have since uninstalled it, because it won't work with FNIS installed.

• 1 year later...

2 yrs later.... worked as instructed...you must keep searching in regedit until all files are purged.

Someone help, Having the same problem, uninstalled moddrop and every file that had the word moddrop, yet it still says im a moddrop support and fnis wont work

I have deleted every single file with the word moddrop and even cleaned my registry and fnis still says I have it.

See the FNIS description:

If you want to use FNIS again, you need to (1) uninstall the moddrop client, (2) uninstall FNIS, including all leftovers in tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users or MO overwrites, respecively (3) re-install FNIS again.

• 3 months later...

If someone could please help me, I am having this same issue. I have uninstalled mod drop from my computer and I have removed every instance of FNIS and all it's folders. I went through the registry as well and removed BOTH from my registry in any instance they existed. Still, when I download and reinstall FNIS and run the tool, it tells me the same message that mod drop users are not supported.

I am incredibly frustrated. I have only used mod drop for Stardew Valley at the EXPRESS instructions of the mod creators for those mods. I am at a loss for what to do. I really want to get this to work but it's becoming a lot of trouble. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind I finally figured it out.

Edited by hayor

If someone could please help me, I am having this same issue. I have uninstalled mod drop from my computer and I have removed every instance of FNIS and all it's folders. I went through the registry as well and removed BOTH from my registry in any instance they existed. Still, when I download and reinstall FNIS and run the tool, it tells me the same message that mod drop users are not supported.

I am incredibly frustrated. I have only used mod drop for Stardew Valley at the EXPRESS instructions of the mod creators for those mods. I am at a loss for what to do. I really want to get this to work but it's becoming a lot of trouble. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind I finally figured it out.

It'd be nice if you posted what you did to fix it so other people could benefit in the same way you were asking for help.

• 4 weeks later...

After about 9h of rage googling I finally found a solution that worked for me from Reddit user Vanderplate.

Direct copy paste of their message.

Okay here are some steps to make FNIS 7.1 work if you have/had installed ModDrop.

1. Clean registry with CCleaner
  2. Run "regedit" (search for it in start/type in cmd/Win+R). Press CTRL+F and type in "ModDrop". Remove found entries. Rinse and Repeat until clean.
  3. Uninstall FNIS
  4. Remove FNIS related folder in Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Tools
  5. Go to Skyrim SE folder and search for "FNIS" and remove everything (backup if you're not sure).
  6. Download FNIS 7.1 and enjoy

Hope this works for others too.

Thank you, i had moddrop uninstalled for Torchlight 2, CC cleaner didn't do a full clean and thanks to your instructions i was able to completely delete moddrop. Cheers bud.

• 2 months later...

After about 9h of rage googling I finally found a solution that worked for me from Reddit user Vanderplate.

Direct copy paste of their message.

ÃÃÂ

Okay here are some steps to make FNIS 7.1 work if you have/had installed ModDrop.

• Clean registry with CCleaner
  • Run "regedit" (search for it in start/type in cmd/Win+R). Press CTRL+F and type in "ModDrop". Remove found entries. Rinse and Repeat until clean.
  • Uninstall FNIS
  • Remove FNIS related folder in Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Tools
  • Go to Skyrim SE folder and search for "FNIS" and remove everything (backup if you're not sure).
  • Download FNIS 7.1 and enjoy
Hope this works for others too.
Sorry for the disturb, I did as specificated in this post, but moddrop in the \device\harddisckvolume3\Progamfiles\Olimpusgames\Moddropclient\Moddrop launcher.exe

Can't be eliminated, every time I try the program gave me the error

"impossibile cancel all the specified values"

How I cancel that?

Edited by Aralian