What would cause a save to not be able to load?

MrHash8rowns

hey. I have exactly the same problem, using MO2. After a few saves my last save is a infinite loading screen, it loads for like 5 minutes then freezes and crashes. No luck so far I think Ill stop playing SSE and get back to oldrim. :c

i slowly think it is mo2 related

Edited by Guest

hey. I have exactly the same problem, using MO2. After a few saves my last save is a infinite loading screen, it loads for like 5 minutes then freezes and crashes. No luck so far I think Ill stop playing SSE and get back to oldrim. :c

i slowly think it is mo2 related

While it's possible it's MO2, I initially encountered the issue while using Vortex. If you wouldn't mind comparing, what mods in my mods list are also in yours? If it's a compatibility thing it might help narrow it down.

Did you change your uGridsToLoad to a lower number? That usually causes CTD on load. Also, I've had crashes due to missing armor and weapon meshes. If you're using Merge Plugins, the extract BSA's option doesn't work very well, and some resources are not correctly copied to the merge folder. You have to extract each plugin BSA manually.

Edited by MaxShadow09

Did you change your uGridsToLoad to a lower number? That usually causes CTD on load. Also, I've had crashes due to missing armor and weapon meshes. If you're using Merge Plugins, the extract BSA's option doesn't work very well, and some resources are not correctly copied to the merge folder. You have to extract each plugin BSA manually.

Didn't know either of those were a thing, I've been busy with work so I haven't had much free time, I'll try this and see how it goes when i get a chance. Thanks for the help