Levitation

thedotwalks

I had a cool idea for a spell mod. A levitation spell in the alteration school. Once cast, it does continuous draining on magicka and rockets your character into the air by a stream of flame emenating from the bottom of the caster's feet. You're able to control the airborne dragonborn similar to if they had a jetpack, and they're able to fight normally in mid-air with one hand (the spell would only require one hand to cast, i guess).

Problem was those levitation spells weren't...technically...levitation. Levitation afaik has been hard-coded out of Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm not sure how Dragon Flight is handled, but levitation is not part of it.

I could be completely wrong, though.

Problem was those levitation spells weren't...technically...levitation. Levitation afaik has been hard-coded out of Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm not sure how Dragon Flight is handled, but levitation is not part of it.

I could be completely wrong, though.

Yeah I really like the idea of a shout. only problem is, it has to be something that will in effect continuously, otherwise your character would plummet to the ground when the time ran out

okay levitation with flames underneath the feet... wtf... why flames... levitation does not require any additional power or effect...

why not put those flames underneath the players ass and call it 'super propulsion' draining stamina instead...

Technical point. Levitation is an up and down thing. You would need a flying mod. Or the following:

An Air Swimming Spell Mod.

I was thinking a one off cast and the effect ends when you touch ground/roof/water. You would effectively 'swim' through the air for as long as you wished. For balance you could drain stamina when you moved in any direction, but your stamina would regenerate at half normal speed when not moving. You would be able to cast spells, fire bows, and generally fight normally.

Hmm. A back story as to why you can swim through the air.

If it is an ability then maybe you were with the power. Once every 1000 or so generations a Dragon Born is gifted with a Draconic ability. These abilities are tied to a particular type of dragon. This time you were gifted with the Sea Dragon's ability to swim through the air.

A spell is easy to come up with. A mage wanted to fly so he was making a scroll, grabbed a fish scale instead of a feather and the spell sort of worked but in a strange way.

The best thing to make this possible would be something that allows a limited degree of TCL command that has a spell duration and then swap out the walking animation with a levitation animation. You need a script that can allow for multi axis movement(up, down, left, right).

-Natterforme